• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Any thoughts?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any thoughts?"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Heres the reason for the War with Iran which you probably wont see on the Beeb ... no suprise if the war kicks in about March 2006, watch out for sudden Oil Price rises at the end of Feb, could be a few Bob there for stock speculators like Reb I guess.

In March 2006, Iran will take Iraq’s switch to the petroeuro to new heights by launching a third oil exchange.
    You could see this coming anyway, since for a couple of years now Saudi has been sticking to the letter but not the spirit of their agreements with the US, by charging for their oil in dollars, but keeping the price stable in euros rather than dollars.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Any chance of them playing the US?
    Not sure if the USA have qualified but I recall watching the last time when Iran won , I could have sworn the Iranians had some kind of a force field in the second half protecting their goal as attempt after attempt by the US to score somehow ended in failure... makes you think a bit ?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Thats a good enough reason for me I reckon, as long as it doesnt screw up the World Cup mind you , as Iran have qualified.
    Any chance of them playing the US?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Heres the reason for the War with Iran which you probably wont see on the Beeb ... no suprise if the war kicks in about March 2006, watch out for sudden Oil Price rises at the end of Feb, could be a few Bob there for stock speculators like Reb I guess.

In March 2006, Iran will take Iraq’s switch to the petroeuro to new heights by launching a third oil exchange.

The Iranians have developed a petroeuro system for oil trade which, when enacted, will once again threaten U.S. dollar supremacy far greater than Iraq’s euro conversion.

Called the Iran Oil Bourse, an exchange that only accepts the euro for oil sales would mean that the entire world could begin purchasing oil from any oil-producing nation with euros instead of dollars.

The Iranian plan isn’t limited to purchasing one oil-producing country’s oil with euros. Its plan will create a global alternative to the U.S. dollar.

Come March 2006, the Iran Oil Bourse will further the momentum of OPEC to create an alternate currency for oil purchases worldwide. China, Russia, and the European Union are evaluating the Iranian plan to exchange oil for euros and giving the plan serious consideration.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 January 2006, 16:08.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Because Chico would explode with excitement and, if he were on a bus or tube, that might constitute a suicide bombing with unacceptable loss of civilian life.
    Yes wonder where's disappeared to. I think making a fool of himself in the last thread was the final straw.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Because Chico would explode with excitement and, if he were on a bus or tube, that might constitute a suicide bombing with unacceptable loss of civilian life.
    Thats a good enough reason for me I reckon, as long as it doesnt screw up the World Cup mind you , as Iran have qualified.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Which reminds me, why dont we invade Iran ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Unfortunately stupid concepts are about all most of the general population is capable of grasping.
    Which reminds me, why dont we invade Iran ?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Unfortunately stupid concepts are about all most of the general population is capable of grasping.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    well yes (actually no - if you include VAT, insurance premium tax, passenger air duty, tax on fuel, booze etc - actually I do pay a lot of tax!) but even then, it is a stupid concept.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    never heard of a more ridiculous concept as "tax freedom day"

A meaningless made-up stupid expression if there ever was one
    Becs, you only say that because yours is 3rd January or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    I am sure that some little bod with an abacus and a pencil has done some research on this but does anyone know what percentage of our income goes to Bliar and Co. Assuming earnings of £100 k per year and taking into account income tax, fuel duty, VAT, council tax etc. etc. etc

I am going to guess that we all work for about 5 months per year for absolute sweet f.a.

I would offer a prize for the winner but Gordy's got all my spare cash
    It's not for sweet f.a.

Robert Heinlein wondered if it should be a crime to kill an anarchist, given that an anarchist doesn't want any government and it's only government that makes it a crime.....

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    never heard of a more ridiculous concept as "tax freedom day"

A meaningless made-up stupid expression if there ever was one

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Approximately 42%.

Leave a comment:

• becker
    replied
    "I am going to guess that we all work for about 5 months per year for absolute sweet f.a."

Its worse than that - IIRC, tax freedom day is sometime in June or even July!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X