• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Train strike off

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Train strike off"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    He might be a tool, but he is right. The work plans for Signals staff are divided down to the minute. I can't see how they can reduce working hours and still have a safe system. Without redefining what safe means. Which I don't think the travelling public would agree with. (and was illegal, but I guess the government have changed the law on that.)
    The safety case is not as cut and dried as you seem to think. 46% of the signallers themselves voted against strike action. Perhaps that is why they needed votes from non-existent staff.

It is not rocket science to conduct a legal ballot.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Great.

Now they'll go on strike at some time rather less convenient for me.

Gits.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    What a tool!!!
    He might be a tool, but he is right. The work plans for Signals staff are divided down to the minute. I can't see how they can reduce working hours and still have a safe system. Without redefining what safe means. Which I don't think the travelling public would agree with. (and was illegal, but I guess the government have changed the law on that.)

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Mr Crow said: "Workers fighting for the principle of a safe railway have had the whole weight of the law thrown against them."
    What a tool!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    started a topic Train strike off

Train strike off

Rail strike plans cancelled after court injunction

That's what happens when you let dumb f***ers organise a strike vote.

My favourite was the vote from a signal box that hasn't been used for decades, and was burnt down over a year ago.

Working...
X