• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheapest way to get to Nuremberg"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Like Linux!
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If your time is free, it hasn't cost you anything.
    Like Linux!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    10hrs each way and approx 620miles
    If your time is free, it hasn't cost you anything.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    when are you going? i.e in the next week, a month etc.
    how long can you take to get there?
    how cheap is cheap?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If you own an old diesel car, then with free vegatable oil from the local chippy you can drive there for next to bugger all.
    10hrs each way and approx 620miles

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Hey guys

What is the best way to get to Nuremberg from London ?

I see that a return in Luftansa costs about 160 quids. Any cheaper way? As in, Can I do the split ticketing doodah bit and get there cheaper ?

I am skint
    Put an advert in Gumtree.com lift wanted etc.

or try Eurolines about £30

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If you own an old diesel car, then with free vegatable oil from the local chippy you can drive there for next to bugger all.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    hitching - if you have time it's certainly possible, my guess you could do it in 2 days if you're lucky

easyjet flight lon to munich - £88
    munich then train to nurnberg - 54 EUR each way
    so total approx £170

air berlin do a flight stanstead to nurnberg for around £120 if you book a few weeks in advance.. that'd be your cheapest and not a terrible airline to fly with, free sandwich and beer

train direct to london - forget it, my guess is £200+, not even worth searching for IMO

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've got a super sick joke here, but in the present climate I'll pass in case someone thinks I',m being serious.
    Go on, you know you want to.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I've got a super sick joke here, but in the present climate I'll pass in case someone thinks I',m being serious.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Thanks. Tried to get a train ticket quote off RailEurope website and ended up with a object null reference error.
    try www.bahn.de

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Thanks. Tried to get a train ticket quote off RailEurope website and ended up with a object null reference error.
    Yay, opportunity!

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Walk, Cycle, hitch? All free.....'cept maybe the hitching option...

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Easyjet to Munich & get the train (or hire a cheap car)?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    This is not going to be any cheaper than Lufthansa.

Atrocities cost money you know.
    Plus on Lufthansa you get unlimited Warnsteiners....

On Jet2 you get to pay 6 Euro for the smallest tin of Stella I've ever seen......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X