• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cruelty of life.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cruelty of life."

Collapse

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Oh FFS, kill it before it breeds!
    You carry on with your pies..I will find myself a good brood mare and attempt to take on the ironic world!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    I for one would like to condem these people who carried out this atrocity but would ask.....DId any of the cyclists hava a pass in the Cycling Profficiency Test like what I does?
    Oh FFS, kill it before it breeds!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    I for one would like to condem these people who carried out this atrocity but would ask.....DId any of the cyclists hava a pass in the Cycling Profficiency Test like what I does?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Lucifer, you're not a Daily Mail believer are you.??

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Did someone mention pies?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Do you not find it sickening that people have to be seen that they are sympathetic?
    I agree with that. The current pressure to be seen showing conspicuous grief is most un-British and a habit I am not remotely comfortable with. Peter Hitches devotes a chapter to it (centred around the funeral of Diana) in his book, The Abolition of Britain

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY
    Churchill is just reacting to the fact that emotion is now a commodity to be marketed and displayed e.g. Diana plc. Increasingly, because relationships are more ephemeral, people have to define themselves more quickly and are more likely to associate themselves with sentiment such as this to short-cut the relationship building process. Previously, the community would already know your character, negating the need for all this shenanigans.

I hope you know you're in the presence of an intellectual heavyweight.

Thanks Noddy.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    This happened in North Wales where the arch speed-camera-up-his-@rse chief constable operates.
    Well your ****** speed cameras didnt prevent this , did they you moron. Never did and never will.

Yes I felt sick when I saw the pictures, it can be a sh1t world.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Of course if it's in the papers it must be accurate unbiased reporting.
    I don't buy the papers anymore...since the Tsunami I have confined myself to
    the front room, and I can't possibly turn on my TV in case another disaster happens........"Nurse! more medication"

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    I cannot believe you are still here! And how can you justify your reaction?
    What do I need to justify?
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Just goes to show that roads are for cars. No doubt they were sanctimoniously cycling five abreast across the whole road, ignoring the mile of traffic jam building up behind them. There's perfectly good velodromes around the place if you want to keep fit by cycling.
    I thought my reaction to that post was really quite level headed and restrained really. You seen the pictures in the papers today?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65
    Sometimes it's the only word which will suffice. Being banned would be a small price to pay.

I cannot believe you are still here! ANd how can you justify your reaction?
    Life is cruel but life goes on

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    You eat all the pies?
    Mmmmmmm Pies

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    You're having a laugh aren't you? Let's see if you're banned before you can reply.
    Sometimes it's the only word which will suffice. Being banned would be a small price to pay.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    You eat all the pies?

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    blimey, bit harsh!! Someone not get any last night?

Churchill is just reacting to the fact that emotion is now a commodity to be marketed and displayed e.g. Diana plc. Increasingly, because relationships are more ephemeral, people have to define themselves more quickly and are more likely to associate themselves with sentiment such as this to short-cut the relationship building process. Previously, the community would already know your character, negating the need for all this shenanigans.

I hope you know you're in the presence of an intellectual heavyweight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X