• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bulltulip Rejection Reason"

Collapse

• rz6bm7
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    This place bears an unfortunate resemblance to that, too.
    Thats why I'm here, it pays to keep sharp whilst on the bench..

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
    Should keep your skills in check - most large PMO's are like care in the community day centres...
    Mine involves a large amount of pussy action

Leave a comment:

• rz6bm7
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well I'm currently doing some volunteer work with a local charity
    Should keep your skills in check - most large PMO's are like care in the community day centres...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Well I'm currently doing some volunteer work with a local charity

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
    Apparently my CV 'is not up to date'.

There is a ten year history on there ending in December. From Jan i've been job hunting.

Seriously WTF!
    Just extend the finish date of the last gig, or put travelling on it for jan / feb ...

Leave a comment:

• JimBobTwoTeeth
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Dave View Post
    I always leave the end date off my most recent contract. If they ask "Are you still at XYZ" I say "No I've finished there now". That seems to satisfy them.
    Good call!

Leave a comment:

• northernrampage
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    This is another one that should be in an FAQ for contracting:

There are many agents and clients out there that can't vocalise a reason why they don't want you, so they say something, anything, just to give a reason and that is why what they say can appear quite daft.

Then there are a few agents and clients who get off on rejecting you by saying something they think will upset you.

Just remember guys and gals, if they don't want you, they don't want you, anything said after that is, 99 times out of 100, random gibberings and you should not take any notice.

HTH

Yes, it's very true. I used to get annoyed at the rare agent or client who tried to upset me, but realised not worth it.

I have had some very good interview feedback from some companies, which has been really useful. One agent though, did say WTF at feedback I got once as he thought it was ridiculous (it was very trite)...it made a refreshing change to have the agent not necessarily take the client's word.

Now, if I get similar (ish) feedback on either my CV or at interviews I start looking at it. But not at the odd comment.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Dave
    replied
    Invent a family business that you've been helping out with. An industry of your choice. I usually go for farming or small building company. There's a modicum of truth there that I can expand to fit.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Dave View Post
    I always leave the end date off my most recent contract. If they ask "Are you still at XYZ" I say "No I've finished there now". That seems to satisfy them.
    It starts to look a bit disingenuous if the gap is large though, my CV says 'till present' even though my last gig abruptly finished in January.

It's getting a little bit harder to explain away as the months pass but I don't want them to see I've been sat on my arse for 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
    Apparently my CV 'is not up to date'.

There is a ten year history on there ending in December. From Jan i've been job hunting.

Seriously WTF!

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Even worse when you see the same job ad go up the next day.
    Sometimes that is just because an agent is fishing for more CV's to bung the client just in case, doesn't necessarily mean you haven't got the position. Had that once myself and called the agent to ask about 'my' contract. An hour later, despite having seen new advert going out from another agency I was offered the contract. £100 down the drain for agency 2.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    'how are you finding the market?'
    I got some nice ripe plums and a cheap chinese watch this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There is some sort of agent school isn't there
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• rz6bm7
    replied
    I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just telling it how it is as. I'm sure dozens of others are finding the same thing.

Now I know how Tim Henmen felt, consistently in the top 10 but ultimately winning flip all.
    No I find the agent's are all my freinds, apperently the market is really good and once I get these two references I'm back on my way to champagne breakfasts and my choice of projects.

Darn you all and your negativity.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Thats a really sad effort to entice a group hug?? , I am sure you will get sympathy here somewhere...
    I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just telling it how it is as. I'm sure dozens of others are finding the same thing.

Now I know how Tim Henmen felt, consistently in the top 10 but ultimately winning feck all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X