• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pluto's moon 'has no atmosphere'"

Collapse

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Oh dear, anybody else notice the Apple Mac peeking seductively over Bill's right shoulder?
    Eh, not surprising since the first versions of Word and Excel (part of MS's main income) were written for the Mac.

Young pups....

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Oh dear, anybody else notice the Apple Mac peeking seductively over Bill's right shoulder?
    What is an "Apple Mac"?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortune Green
    Oooooohhhh......... Bill Gates............

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed. He was once heard to remark that 640k was enough for anyone.
    As an hourly rate, yes.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Our leader is Bill Gates the third. He invented windows, portholes and the internet, so without him we wouldn't be able to see anything from indoors.
    I may have heard of him. I believe it is rumoured that he posts on-line under the moniker of Threaded, and is the greatest genius your world has ever produced. At least, by the standards of your puny Earth brains that is.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    Is that Wild Bill Gates, river-boat gambler and entrepreneur? Sorry, but I'm not too up on your Earth personalities, except as mindless slave drones of course.
    No, that must have been Bill Gates the first.

Our leader is Bill Gates the third. He invented windows, portholes and the internet, so without him we wouldn't be able to see anything from indoors.

His sworn enemy is The Oracle. Have you ever crossed swords with The Oracle?

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Does Bill Gates know this? Oh, he's our Earth Leader by the way.
    Is that Wild Bill Gates, river-boat gambler and entrepreneur? Sorry, but I'm not too up on your Earth personalities, except as mindless slave drones of course.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    Can your "son" read ancient high Gallifreyan?
    I don't think so, but he has just started going to French club once a week. I'll have a word with his mum.
    Yes, there is a galactic internet but your primitive planet is not currently located near one of the wi-fi hotspots.
    Does Bill Gates know this? Oh, he's our Earth Leader by the way.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Oh yes, I am known as the Master. Universally. The definite article you might say.

Can your "son" read ancient high Gallifreyan?

Yes, there is a galactic internet but your primitive planet is not currently located near one of the wi-fi hotspots.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Are you THE Master? Wow!

Can I have your autograph? Er, it's not for me you understand but my son. He's eight.

PS One thing I've always wondered - do they have the internet on other planets and how do we browse their websites?

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Ah, funny you should mention that. I'm afraid my TARDIS is somewhat indisposed at the moment, as it has been seized by Axos in an attempt to unlock the secrets of time travel. Don't worry though, I am planning to wreat my revenge even as I type.

Until then, mum's the word.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    If NASA pull their fingers out and get that warp drive working, they could go & take a look at Pluto...
    Pluto and its moon are also the target of a US space agency (Nasa) mission. The New Horizons spacecraft is expected to be launched in their direction on 17 January.
    Honestly, sometimes I wonder about you giant alien lizards. Are you really going to be any good as my henchmen in my plan for universal domination?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    He's the relgious one

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortune Green
    They're already here......

feck me - alien strip poker.

That one on the nearest right must be good - all the others are stark reproductive-pod naked, and he's still togged up like an ice dweller from Zarg.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X