• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My BTL...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My BTL..."

Collapse

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What about the price of rocket?
    Boooooooooomed ?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    Price of avocados will rocket this year. That's a serious prediction.
    What about the price of rocket?

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Better stock up on my lettuce while it's cheap...
    Price of avocados will rocket this year. That's a serious prediction.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I've got my solicitor on the case...

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Banks are desperate to make money and will do whatever they can to cancel any good deal you have with them and put you on a crappy deal in their favour.
    Bankers do something underhand to rip you off. No, I refuse to believe it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

I want to port the mortgage that is on my BTL [I've done it once before] to my main residence, mostly because it's 0.49% above base rate.
    I would 100% check that making such a change now on a mortgage won't affect the deal you are on.

Banks are desperate to make money and will do whatever they can to cancel any good deal you have with them and put you on a crappy deal in their favour.

Just make 100% sure before you do anything.

PS. Sell the BTL. Prices have bounced and people are buying again, now is a good time to unload unless you are in it for the very long term. You can always buy back into the BTL market in the future if it makes sense.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 23 March 2010, 11:04.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    so tenants will pay double an interest only mortgage at 0.49 over base. Your home isn't on as good a rate and you will save more than the excess rent by transferring the mortgage? is that right?

ok so now u need a new mortgage for the btl which the rent won't cover. is that right?

i'm missing something here, did you ask should i keep my btl if it costs me each month and the market is looking uncertain?
    That's about right.

BTL mortgage is a repayment type though.

However I'm not just looking at one egg, I'm looking at the whole basket. And I'm pi$$ing a whole lot more money on interest on my home than I'm earning on the BTL, even if it looks good on it's own.

But there's more to it that that.

I'm one of Blair's/Brown's little babies who 15 years later has become used to living with some debt, but I don't need to. Why do I keep doing so? Is it charity?

After this is over my war chest can keep me going for 3 years easy without me having to get out of bed.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've taken a tight skint flint attitude to spending, I've been amazed what I've been able to save and even more horrified what I've been spending for no reason whatsoever. My lifestyle only feels it go better if anything.

Leave a comment:

• Olly
    replied
    so tenants will pay double an interest only mortgage at 0.49 over base. Your home isn't on as good a rate and you will save more than the excess rent by transferring the mortgage? is that right?

ok so now u need a new mortgage for the btl which the rent won't cover. is that right?

i'm missing something here, did you ask should i keep my btl if it costs me each month and the market is looking uncertain?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Seriously though, sell your Btl and stick the money in a two year icici bond at 4% or an AA income bond at 5.1% for five years.

Also my greengrocer said lettuce is due a price correction.

Hth

That's the decision the wife and I have came to - sell. When it's not working for you, get rid of it.

Better stock up on my lettuce while it's cheap...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Seriously though, sell your Btl and stick the money in a two year icici bond at 4% or an AA income bond at 5.1% for five years.

Also my greengrocer said lettuce is due a price correction.

Hth
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 22 March 2010, 22:48.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Do you have a straw?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What's the Mayo to tomato ratio?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Rubbish thread!! I read this as BLT, now I've got the taste in my mouth.

So you think I should sell??

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What would you do?

I want to port the mortgage that is on my BTL [I've done it once before] to my main residence, mostly because it's 0.49% above base rate.

This would mean that I sell the BTL.

On the other hand I've got people queuing outside the door of the BTL offering me more than double the mortgage payment in rent.
    Rubbish thread!! I read this as BLT, now I've got the taste in my mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Marsh
    replied
    Why don't you pop over to http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ and ask them? They love BTL investors there .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X