• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New shopping trolley for girly, you decide"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Went looking again:

Citroen C1 with a tow hook, wrong colour, it was red.

Citroen C5 wrong colour, it was black.

Dodge Charger

Dodge Ram 2500

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
    Norrahe,

Are you driving round in a banger ?
    Certainly not

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I really can't understand why people have such difficulty parking????
    What kind of people?

What gender of people?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    What's wrong with the K'egg?
    a bit too much in your face and either way a total bitch to park,
    9.03 from Piston Heads at the Geneva Motor Show

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Girly wants a new shopping trolley. She complains that the available vehicles are either farm machinery or a bit too much in your face and either way a total bitch to park, attract too much unwanted attention, either too much luggage space so everything rolls around, or non that she can find, very hard to drive, always breaking down and expensive to fill up (where you have to be careful not to choose the pump nearest the shop door or you find yourself blocked in and have you tried reversing that thing around an obstacle?)

So, after much negotiation, I've made a short list.

You task, should you choose to accept it, is to vote on what your choice would be in a similar situation.
    What's wrong with the K'egg?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt it's not my toy helicopter and I didn't buy it. Girly took a shine to it.
    Does this mean you will not play with it..I think not

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    For the avoidance of doubt it's not my toy helicopter and I didn't buy it. Girly took a shine to it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    CITROEN BERLINGO would be more apt for shopping

Berlingo

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Been for a fourth or maybe fifth, I've lost count, trip to look at cars.

We've come back with ...

a toy helicopter.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    If you're into your Citroens this has been getting good reviews, and could be just what you're looking for (if you want something reasonably entertaining when you 'borrow' it).

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    If it's a simple A to B car then I don't see the point if getting anything special.

There is no point in paying for summat that will sit on your drive most of the week and only get taken out once or twice.

Shopping? Get it delivered, simples!
    Norrahe,

Are you driving round in a banger ?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    If it's a simple A to B car then I don't see the point if getting anything special.

There is no point in paying for summat that will sit on your drive most of the week and only get taken out once or twice.

Shopping? Get it delivered, simples!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Let her do the shopping online. That way she won't need a car, and all the attendant expenses that go with it. If she gets sniffy, buy her a new Ironing Board to win her over.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Frankly I'm not surprised you have to bribe the "girly" to stay looking the way you do.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Fiat 500

Why hi-spec? For a shopping trolley it just needs to be capable of short journeys to the shops and back, sod the expensive addon toys. An engine, steering wheel, gearbox, capabable of forward and reversing....oh maybe aircon to stop girly minging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X