• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Good for Labour

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good for Labour"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    The bizarre thing about that is that everybody picked up on Brown's Freudian Slip when he started to say 'saved the world' but hadn't meant to say it; but actually he really did save the world.
    You are a crap sockie. Retire now.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Ah good. Labour may well win the election.
    Apart from other posters debunking your theories about Labour and the economy, do we want another 4 or 5 years of these policies to grind us under the heel of the NuLabour state? A bit old but still pertinent:The Independent
    EDIT: I note a few other contributions on this theme ahve just been posted.

Last edited by TinTrump; 18 March 2010, 14:52. Reason: Typing whilst cleaning teeth leads to typos

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    It won't be Lib-Con unless the Tories do a U-turn on spending cuts. Lib Dem have said that they wouldn't enter into a coalition with a party that is looking to cut spending in the first year (IIRC).
    Posturing from both sides. Reality is that if the tories are the largest party in a hung parliament, they’ll talk to the Libs and the Libs will talk too. Allowing labour back in under such circumstances could cause a pretty explosive reaction in England, where there’s likely to be a tory majority. I think they’ll be able to do a deal.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I can’t see labour ever doing it. Lib Dem, possibly; I think Vince Cable’s their trump card and they might just play that card if it comes to forming a coalition, which I would hope would be Lib-Con. The UK could do with some liberalism, especially on the civil liberty front.
    It won't be Lib-Con unless the Tories do a U-turn on spending cuts. Lib Dem have said that they wouldn't enter into a coalition with a party that is looking to cut spending in the first year (IIRC).

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The UK could do with some liberalism, especially on the civil liberty front.
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    They were expected to go down, but didn't. Or, propaganda from the Tories said receipts would go down, but they have been exposed as wrong.
    Lets be fair, it's hard to predict the the future.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    So you believe that the Tories will balance the books if they come to power?

Tories haven't won in over 100 years where I live, but it might go Lib Dem at the next election if there's enough sensible voters.

I can't see Tories getting a majority from here, to be honest, so it's a moot point (IMO).
    I can’t see labour ever doing it. Lib Dem, possibly; I think Vince Cable’s their trump card and they might just play that card if it comes to forming a coalition, which I would hope would be Lib-Con. The UK could do with some liberalism, especially on the civil liberty front.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    yes
    So you believe that the Tories will balance the books if they come to power?

Tories haven't won in over 100 years where I live, but it might go Lib Dem at the next election if there's enough sensible voters.

I can't see Tories getting a majority from here, to be honest, so it's a moot point (IMO).

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    No, indeed. But there are some things that the Nasty Party is decisively better at.
    Yes, fiscal responsibility for one.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    The doubling of unfunded public service pension liabilty, under Brown's stewardship, is not included in the Brown Debt figures.

Nor is the halving of private pension fund values.

Nor are his PFI/PPI liabilities.

Debt? We ain't seen nothing yet.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Yes, it's nothing to do with the billions upon billions upon billions that Gordo's pissed away in the name of "investment" on our massively bloated public sector
    and 2 wars

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Funny how different recessions have happened under different ruling parties, but every one has happened about 10 years after a weak and venal Tory government. It takes a little while for their assorted wrongdoings to work through the economy.
    Yes, it's nothing to do with the billions upon billions upon billions that Gordo's pissed away in the name of "investment" on our massively bloated public sector

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Ah, but they don't. Tories claim that they do, but in this too they are perpetrating terminological and other inexactitudes.
    So after 13 years of running up colossal debts, and selling off the family silver(or gold to be more exact), it will all be the Tories fault if we are not out of recession by next year then?

When were you hypnotized?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Do you care if they are a bunch of liars and can't balance the books?
    yes

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Do you care if they are a bunch of liars and can't balance the books?
    That is more to the point.

However, the Tories might win, so I suggest that all the Tories here start brushing up on how they are going to claim that things are better and it is the Tories who did it.

The reality will be that things will be worse but the Tories' incompetence will be such that it would be unfair really to pin any blame on them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X