• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Food hygiene

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Food hygiene"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Was this the institution in Buckinghamshire you went to? Sounds like they have the loonies in the kitchen there too!

Link
    Yes. The torygraph fail to mention that Richard Branson was 'asked to leave', as were all the best people.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Kitchen porter at Stowe public school arrested over 'soup poisoning'

Was this the institution in Buckinghamshire you went to? Sounds like they have the loonies in the kitchen there too!

Link

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I thought you were referring to the loony bin for a minute there
    No, that’s the other bloke whose name begins with 'M'. He went to prison, which by all accounts is a bit comfy compared to public school.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Oh, I thought it was the place I got expelled from.
    I thought you were referring to the loony bin for a minute there

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Why on earth do people sell themselves short in the evolutionary race like this ? Eating well will only lead to tears Mich, your resistance will fall, your natural defences will disappear and you will become the juicy target of every bug,grub and microbe within a radius of tenty miles.
    Take it from me, toughen yourself up man, eat more kebebas and cheese pasties, then, when the 'day of reckoning' comes, in 'the end times', you will be able to join me in donning our biscuit tin hats, and march, shoulder to shoulder into a brave new dawn

You do have a point here, but the mere thought of reducing my monthly Michelin star count makes my stomach churn with fear. I might die of some dreadful disease like the one that’s still making me feel bloody awful today.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    sodexo
    Self administered I see.

You've only yourself to blame.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Why on earth do people sell themselves short in the evolutionary race like this ? Eating well will only lead to tears Mich, your resistance will fall, your natural defences will disappear and you will become the juicy target of every bug,grub and microbe within a radius of tenty miles.
    Take it from me, toughen yourself up man, eat more kebebas and cheese pasties, then, when the 'day of reckoning' comes, in 'the end times', you will be able to join me in donning our biscuit tin hats, and march, shoulder to shoulder into a brave new dawn

WHS - kebabs are one of the secrets of immortality

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No, it was in Taunton
    Oh, I thought it was the place I got expelled from.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Was this particular institution near Buckingham?
    No, it was in Taunton

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I used to go to a boarding school where the kitchen staff were "inmates" from the local mental hospital. There was one in particular that I remember dribbling into the chicken fricassee as she was ladling it out
    Was this particular institution near Buckingham?

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I used to go to a boarding school where the kitchen staff were "inmates" from the local mental hospital. There was one in particular that I remember dribbling into the chicken fricassee as she was ladling it out

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Trouble is, I’m away from home all week, which means I must put my health in the hands of those who cook my food and I have to be fussy. In the evenings I eat in good restaurants, even though it costs a little more, and I never eat take-aways and certainly not food from those horrendous slot machines. It seems I dropped my guard for a moment and immediately paid the price.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Why can't they employ people with a basic knowledge of hygiene, let alone people who know how to cook?
    Too expensive. Eats into their profits.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Thought so. Utterly gross. I simply don’t understand how, with all the ‘elf and safety’ regulations, those things are allowed to exist. It’s asking for trouble.
    It’s a gnome problem.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Do you develop immunity to being exposed to canteen pathogens? I've only suffered once IIRC, and that was in foreign lands. Food hygiene at home is almost non-existent, so I may have immunity if any is going, but I do draw the line at going to restaurants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X