• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who are the smartest people in IT?"

Collapse

• the_duderama
    replied
    Is this not just a straw pole of what people on this do for a living?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This entire thread is flawed.

The answer is 'None of you' as the smartest people work in sales.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    It's got to be the HR girls here. All wearing sharp suites, Blackberry'd and Mulberry'd up to their eye-balls flashing a hint of stocking now and again but invariably found crying into their martinis at 6.00PM when the boyfriend has to go home to the wife and kids.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The smartest people are those who don't pigeon-hole themselves.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    On a serious note, I always found the smartest people in IT were scousers. I dont know why, possibly something in the water

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    'Who are the smartest people in IT? '

I'd say it is simply the ones who do the least amount of work for the most amount of money

alternatively,

what Clipper just said

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Who are the smartest people in IT?

The ones who are making plans to get out of IT.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Promoted out of the way of harm.
    Or to put it another way, those who can, do, those who can't - project manage ...

I've never met a project manager who wasn't at failed tech at some point. I can live with the ones who at least realise that, it's the ones who still think they're technically competent that do my head in.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Project Managers!
    Promoted out of the way of harm.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Ewwwwww!
    ops

Should I change it - nah, frack it. Sounds about right anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    End users because they know what the system should do (not so good at articulating it) and they are the undisputed experts on breaking it.
    Really, they don't know what they want. It's a good manager's job to tell them what they want (something achievable) and make them think it's their idea.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    End users because they know what the system should do (not so good at articulating it) and they are the undisputed experts on breaking it.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Supply Company Execs who make a sale at extortionate rates and then get some peasant, called Bob, in the third world to do the actual work for a bowel of rice a day and fresh straw once a month.
    Ewwwwww!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    PMs get paid lots for having no useful skillls, not contributing much of anything, taking credit for other people's work, and doing very little. And all they need to do to get on this gravy train is pay for a course in PRINZEY7, or some such silly acronym.

Sounds pretty smart to me. Which I'd thought of it. Damn this being good at things and doing useful work for clients.
    Here in Holland Test Managers get paid about 10% less than PMs but have about 90% less stress.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Supply Company Execs who make a sale at extortionate rates and then get some peasant, called Bob, in the third world to do the actual work for a bowel of rice a day and fresh straw once a month.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X