• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bill Gates almost destitute"

Collapse

• Scary
    replied
    They've been swapping places at the top of the rich list for the past decade or so.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Interesting that during a so called global downturn/recession the number of billionaires rose from 793 to 1,011 this year.

That is what a downturn/recession is: the part of the economic cycle which is characterised by profit taking by the rich.

That's why the New Lie 'No more boom and bust' slogan was so amusing: the only way to prevent the economic cycle is to prevent anyone being rich.

Didn't anyone here, apart from AtW and myself, do any economics at school?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    AtW will be on that list soon.
    It might take few years

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Time to get out of software and into phones?
    Thats just the 'legal' money (although that is debateable) list, if you really want to be rich you should get into being the leader of a drug cartel.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I think I have just short of £100 in my bank account. Whoo whee.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    This time next year I'll be 1/1000th of a billionaire, Rodders.

biwllionaire - Shirley

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Where did DimPrawn and sasguru place?
    This time next year I'll be 1/1000th of a billionaire, Rodders.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Where did DimPrawn and sasguru place?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Interesting that during a so called global downturn/recession the number of billionaires rose from 793 to 1,011 this year.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    AtW will be on that list soon.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    started a topic Bill Gates almost destitute

Bill Gates almost destitute

Mexican telecom giant Carlos Slim has topped Forbes magazine's billionaire's list - the first time since 1994 that an American has not led the rankings.

Mr Slim's fortune rose by $18.5bn (£12.4bn) last year to $53.5bn.

That beat Microsoft founder Bill Gates ($53bn) into second place, with US investor Warren Buffett ($43bn) third.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8560731.stm

Time to get out of software and into phones?

Working...
X