• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Name an Australian that has made an impact in the UK ..."

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Barry Sheene - his impact was huge, especially at Daytona in '75 although I guess technically not Austrailian at that point.
    Great minds think alike

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Barry Sheene - his impact was huge, especially at Daytona in '75 although I guess technically not Austrailian at that point.

Whoever invented Fosters - has had a huge impact on my wallet over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Ricky Ponting.

No, hang on, that's not right....

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Kylie (and her hotpants )

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Skippy

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Rolf Harris

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Kangaroooooo

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Rod Hull.

He made such an impact that there was a small crater.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Clive Caldwell
    Keith Truscott
    Adrian Goldsmith
    John Lloyd Waddy
    Charles Scherf
    Nicky Barr

Without these brave men or many other like them we would definatly not be the country we are today.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Rutherford, although he was from New Zealand.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Excellent one there.
    But the exception that proves DA is talking bollux

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Contributed hugely? How?
    Some feminist writing bollux, a childish cartoonist, a not very succesful writer and a transvestite?
    I'm sorry but if none of those people had come here nothing much would have changed at all.
    I think you would make a good Australian

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Victor Chang. Although he probably wouldn't have got as far without that clever saffa making a breakthough first.

Google brought up William Bragg

Howard Florey

But have to say other than actors and sports folk not much else I could see.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Better but not in the Murdoch league

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Clive James, Rolf Harris, Germaine Greer, Barry Humphries are more than just celebs who have contributed hugely to this country (with the possible exception of Rolf)
    Rolf Harris and the stylophone played a huge part in the inability of many today to distinguish between A# and Bb and many similar atrocities. Hence paved the way for much of the noise that is the pop-charts.

So I'd say his contribution to modern culture far surpasses anyone mentioned so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X