• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Finally handed in my notice!"

Collapse

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    When you've left, can you tell us which client it was?
    Yep can do. Drop me a PM and I will answer that way.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

Yep I did. Mainly for my sanity and health as the role was just a nightmare from start to finish. It came to the point where being benched is better than being here unfortunately. ...
    When you've left, can you tell us which client it was?

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    Do they do all this when the likes of Tata or Accenture rock up ? I doubt it.

PS: how many years or contracts back did they want ?
    I doubt it very much.

They wanted two but as I was two weeks shy of two years in my last two contracts they asked for three years to cover it. Fingers crossed they will not fail me over this final hurdle.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 4 March 2010, 11:33.

Leave a comment:

• LegendsWear7
    replied
    European bank. Apparently me being a company secretary for my partners Ltd co is seen as a conflict of interest so have had to fill another form stating that I do very little for him. Am waiting to hear back that it is ok and that they will pass me.

Have passed credit checks, references, accountant references etc etc and now they throw this at me at the last minute.
    Do they do all this when the likes of Tata or Accenture rock up ? I doubt it.

PS: how many years or contracts back did they want ?

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    European bank. Apparently me being a company secretary for my partners Ltd co is seen as a conflict of interest so have had to fill another form stating that I do very little for him. Am waiting to hear back that it is ok and that they will pass me.

Have passed credit checks, references, accountant references etc etc and now they throw this at me at the last minute.

Leave a comment:

• LegendsWear7
    replied
    Had to fill out yet another form for the checks that the bank apparently needs. The agency are an absolute nightmare to be honest. Had to send the Mr on his way to work to drop off the hand written forms so they could process them today.
    Well done.

What checks ? US or Euro bank ? Heard the US are more anal.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Yep am a lady Do you not think Jack Skellington is cute Suityou?

Nope it was for a charity and a government funded one too. They will probably be looking for more staff after the restructure but not sure I would advise anyone to take it on. Spoke to the Director and he said that I have lasted the longest out of all the contractors he has had in.

Fingers crossed I should be in a new gig on Monday. Had to fill out yet another form for the checks that the bank apparently needs. The agency are an absolute nightmare to be honest. Had to send the Mr on his way to work to drop off the hand written forms so they could process them today.

Found a lovely Marc Jacobs purse but might go back for it on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Hawkeye was it a multimedia / finance outfit that you quit from or was it one of the big consultancies etc like Craap Gemini ?

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Thanks Cojak!

Am thinking of quickly dashing to Oxford St at lunch and buying myself a treat to celebrate. Either that or jumping on my desk and doing the banana dance.
    You can buy coke in oxford Street now? things have changed since I was there

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    No she doesn't. She's quite tough though
    Hawkeye is a girl?

Need a better avatar. Speak to LilElvis2000.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Know exactly what you mean. Dude you have got some stones.
    Had gigs like that before. The last one the bullying was so bad I only made 3 months before I got really sick. Current gig is much much better.

Wishing you a much better gig next time.
    No she doesn't. She's quite tough though

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Indeed. Was waiting for the 6 months to hit and cannot believe I managed to stick it out this long.

If you saw this place and how it is you would be surprised there are any members of staff wanting to be here on a permanent basis.
    Sickly enough, some people are only looking for this kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yep I did. Mainly for my sanity and health as the role was just a nightmare from start to finish. It came to the point where being benched is better than being here unfortunately.

Had a rant about it a while ago on here about the bullies I worked with. Without a doubt it was the right move. Never worked somewhere before where I felt physically sick every morning before I go in. It will be fine whatever happens.
    Know exactly what you mean. Dude you have got some stones.
    Had gigs like that before. The last one the bullying was so bad I only made 3 months before I got really sick. Current gig is much much better.

Wishing you a much better gig next time.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Good on you - glad you're out of there. Good luck with the new gig - maybe see you at the Spring Bash?

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Dude did you quit before you signed a new contract !!!!
    Yep I did. Mainly for my sanity and health as the role was just a nightmare from start to finish. It came to the point where being benched is better than being here unfortunately.

Had a rant about it a while ago on here about the bullies I worked with. Without a doubt it was the right move. Never worked somewhere before where I felt physically sick every morning before I go in. It will be fine whatever happens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X