• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "the Severn Boar (Bore?)"

Collapse

• Grinder
    replied
    Why would you ignore the predictable pattern of tidal power in favour of the expensive, intrusive inconsistent delivery of wave power?

No doubt because someone with major sway knows someone in wave power who has promised a back-hander; same as the rediculous promotion of wind power.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    10 x new nuclear stations are being tendered at £28 billion

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Just been reading an article about the proposed Severn barrage

£22 billion.... billion estimated costs htf can it cost so much?
    I wouldn't worry, they talk about it every now and again but don't forget this is the UK, building a football stadium is considered a major engineering feat.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post

Because we're not allowed to use slaves or pay starvation wages!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Hahahahaha. Just watching news footage of the largest Severn Boar in years. Some people managed to get up and surf it but some other numty's were too slow on the surf boards and didnt catch it.

What a blast, biggest boar in ages and you miss the wave!

Its a pig alright!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    I saw the beginning live on BBC, and it didn't look that impressive - although it was rather crowded.

Was it impressive?
    Not really. Seen bigger waves in the local swimming pool when billy bunter jumps in!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Imagine all those surfers in their various pubs tonight, regaling everyone with their story of riding the bore.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    I saw the beginning live on BBC, and it didn't look that impressive - although it was rather crowded.

Was it impressive?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Wrong way round, Shirley?
    You're right, feck me all these years I thought it was the water coming back down after swelling up... I only live down the road too.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    It's a bit of bugger when you reach Avonmouth and the car is still in Sharpness.
    Wrong way round, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It's a bit of bugger when you reach Avonmouth and the car is still in Sharpness.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I hope it included the expert surfer on the radio this morning who said it isn't a wave, it's a swell.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    started a topic the Severn Boar (Bore?)

the Severn Boar (Bore?)

Hahahahaha. Just watching news footage of the largest Severn Boar in years. Some people managed to get up and surf it but some other numty's were too slow on the surf boards and didnt catch it.

What a blast, biggest boar in ages and you miss the wave!

Working...
X