• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Casualty visit last night….."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Crikey, what did Diver do? Accidently lop off his arm?
    Close, he almost sliced part of his hand off. Impressive!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Isn't all this wilmslow bollarks better off posted on tw@tter?

Wilmslow's posts are exactly like Wilmslow itrw - he's a quirky little chap! Mostly harmless to others but bloody lethal to himself.

I think I'll adopt him.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Isn't that just a scratch compared to what Diver did?
    Crikey, what did Diver do? Accidently lop off his arm?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Isn't that just a scratch compared to what Diver did?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I once had a summer job on a forestry plantation in the highlands, working with a couple of Scottish guys.

Apparently a friend of theirs had been doing the same job as us, weeding baby fir trees by chopping away bracken with a sickle. One afternoon he staggered back from the pub, pissed as a mattress, took his sickle (which he had expertly sharpened before leaving for lunch) grabbed a handful of bracken, and swiped off all four of his knuckles.

Glad I wasn't there to see it, and I doubt his hand was ever really usable again.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Isn't all this wilmslow bollarks better off posted on tw@tter?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Wilmslow (sucking that nasty cut on his finger)

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    When I was your age we used to deliberately chop at our fingers with large heavy knives. Sometimes going to the bone

That way, if you do ever have an accident, at least you dont faint and embarrass yourself in front of the neighbours. It sort of toughens you up

I have various interesting scars on my fingers from playing games with knifes while under the influence of alcohol a long time ago when I joined the army.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Bloody hell Wilmslow!

Mind you, I think CM keeps me out of the kitchen because I'd probably end up dismembering myself too.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    harsh

as he sees it

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Slicing vegetables

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    harsh

as he sees it

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Wilmslow

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Trying to cut potato while your mind is wandering about, thinking how you can shag the gym girl etc, wont help.

Cutting potato needs focus and determination. No distractions allowed.

PS: Is the neighbour fit ?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Knife was blunt and it was a very thick potato, so yes, I was wielding like a sword!
    A blunt knife is often the cause of chopping mishaps. Buy yourself a decent knife and a steel/sharpener.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X