• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "GBP - look out below!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    From a UK centric point of view
    Well, I am in the UK though I have to admit that we do hold some euros...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Do learn to quote the right way round if you want to ever convince people that you have even the slightest idea what you are on about.
    1 British pound = 1.11944791 Euros

Is that any good? SKA Inc sure benefits from uber Euro becoming stronger
    No.

Actually AtW, I must apologise. I made a cheap gag at your expense. It is a confusing subject and open to interpretation. I am sorry.

From a UK centric point of view, quoting EUR like that makes sense. However, even though the UK is the major centre for FX transaction there is an international convention, though not a standard, on the quotation of exchange rates. According to convention EUR is the base currency and GBP would be the quote. i.e. 1 euro = 0.8926 pounds. So as the pound gets weaker the rate goes up!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    If I don't get an ext. I think I will look outside the UK again. GPB will not be worth a Euro soon. I think the will increase the interest rate to try to stop the slide.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    The only things to ask for are Galleons, Cubits, or Latinum. None of this fiat currency lark.
    You are a

me too

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do learn to quote the right way round if you want to ever convince people that you have even the slightest idea what you are on about.
    1 British pound = 1.11944791 Euros

Is that any good? SKA Inc sure benefits from uber Euro becoming stronger

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

The only things to ask for are Galleons, Cubits, or Latinum. None of this fiat currency lark.
    A nice stretch of Latinum would be good, right by the Tiber.

I could plant a vinyard or something.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So what are you saying here, if a client was wanting to pay me in euros and should not ask them for ££££?

Now I am confused....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    So what are you saying here, if a client was wanting to pay me in euros and should not ask them for ££££?

Now I am confused....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    So is the new trend that Sterling loses between 0.5% and 1% daily against all major currencies going to carry on indefinitely now? At this rate we will all be millionaires before the election and debts will be paid off

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Looking on the charts (weekly and monthly for GBP/USD) it could still go a way yet.

They want to push the Euro down to the 1.2000 mark as well

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    How low can it go?
    Lower than it is.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    GBP is getting flogged

I've made 1000 quid in the last few hours, if i close out my position now.

How low can it go?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X