• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Average intelligence of the British people"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
    Saw this on newswipe and was very impressed, I'm having to quote as it is very clear and concise view of modern polictics.

As for David Cameron being a PR man i don't really see what he can do for us as PM, other than bulltulip and look good.
    And me, this is another gem from the current series: How To Report The News

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
    Saw this on newswipe and was very impressed, I'm having to quote as it is very clear and concise view of modern polictics.

As for David Cameron being a PR man i don't really see what he can do for us as PM, other than bulltulip and look good.
    He could be a fall guy, scapegoat and an object of derision while everyone falls about laughing at what they left him?

Leave a comment:

• the_duderama
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Here's the answer: Adam Curtis - Richard Nixon

Paralysed politics, rinse and repeat but nothing will get better... ever.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
    Two reasons:

1) Gordon Brown may be hopeless but people recognise David Cameron is no better, a Blair-wannabe who tells people what he thinks they want to hear
    2) People haven't forgotten the state the country was in when the Tories exited power in 1997.
    have

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
    Two reasons:

1) Gordon Brown may be hopeless but people recognise David Cameron is no better, a Blair-wannabe who tells people what he thinks they want to hear
    2) People haven't forgotten the state the country was in when the Tories exited power in 1997.
    I remember the country being in fine state, it was the sleaze that got the Tories booted.

Leave a comment:

• cybersquatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    OK, so I know I’m a British citizen, but I have real concerns about the average intelligence of the British people. Britain has the worst government in the whole of western Europe. A government that consistently spent more than it had during growth years and then printed money to throw at the problems it had caused. A government that dreams up new taxes every day to feed the money eating machine it has created, but even when higher revenues come in, still cannot do the most basic task of any businessperson or homeowner; balance the books. A government that has lied to send British troops to an illegal war. A government that cooperated with imprisonment without trial and tortureand curtailed civil liberties to a point that British people are now subjugated, controlled, observed and documented almost as much as East Germans under the Stasi.

And then I open the paper and see that 33% of British people are going to vote Labour at the next election. What in heaven’s name is wrong with them? Has some hideous brain devouring worm infected Britain? Is there something in the water?

My goodness, we have our fair share of morons in Holland, but this is really hopeless.
    Two reasons:

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied

And then I open the paper and see that 33% of British people are going to vote Labour at the next election. What in heaven’s name is wrong with them? Has some hideous brain devouring worm infected Britain? Is there something in the water?
    How dare you Sir. They have every right to vote for the people who gave them their passports.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    I mean from photobucket.......normally I just use IMG in square brackets

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    do you mean inline images into the post? can't be done I'm afraid, it was blocken by admin.
    You are going ze native vay, no Britisher?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post

OK.....so how do I embed an image?
    do you mean inline images into the post? can't be done I'm afraid, it was blocken by admin.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied

OK.....so how do I embed an image?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Here's the answer: Adam Curtis - Richard Nixon

Paralysed politics, rinse and repeat but nothing will get better... ever.

Leave a comment:

• CalmEddie
    replied
    The problem is....
    the paper
    It's mostly lies but the British public suck it up. I suspect the 33% is a lie.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    inherit an economic nightmare that may see us going to the IMF, Britain bankrupt and his being a legacy for failure
    He would have been fine if he held an election as soon as he took over leadership of Nu Labour.

Luckily for us he didn't

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Perhaps people think Dave’s just too nice to be given such a tulipty job. A bit like that Obama chappy who seems a nice chap as well; the septic racists had to choose a man for the worst job in the world so they picked a black guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X