• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories Back Wealth Redistribution"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Ah Fungus, my friend, the devil is indeed in the detail. You will notice that SausageJockey claimed 8000 years of history before Christ, which I corrected to 4000 years of history before Christ.

So we are both correct and can give each other a well deserved pat on the back.

Lucifer in "pedantic git" mode.
    Oh fudge ...

Fungus

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    celebrate a Christian event which you don't believe in.
    Says who?

Bah!

Humbug!

I rattle my chains at you...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    Sadly some people believe this tulipe:

http://www.christiancourier.com/archives/earthAge.htm

Fungus
    That website has answered my big question of life, the universe, and everything, which is:

After 4 billion years, how come there are still violently radioactive materials around, especially those with short half-lives of a few years? I would have thought they would have all turned to lead by now.

It can only be the Lord's miraculous doing.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Tomorrow ? You look pretty silly now - both of you are about to celebrate a Christian event which you don't believe in. Pretty stupid really. Still I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And to be even more pedantic, there are arguments that Christ was born in 4 BC, so this is really 2009.
    And in July as well. How silly will we all look tomorrow (considerably less so than SausageJockey at least).

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Sadly some people believe this tulipe:

http://www.christiancourier.com/archives/earthAge.htm

Fungus

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    And to be even more pedantic, there are arguments that Christ was born in 4 BC, so this is really 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Well lucy and fungas, you are both wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

A range of dates 4-8,000 BC have been postulated by man, only God knows the real Truth. It must be humilating to be so completely and utterly wrong, I can only guess at your embarassment.

Still, you are welcome on the alpha course in the new year to learn some more truth. It is good to see you are still seeking answers.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Ah Fungus, my friend, the devil is indeed in the detail. You will notice that SausageJockey claimed 8000 years of history before Christ, which I corrected to 4000 years of history before Christ.

So we are both correct and can give each other a well deserved pat on the back.

Lucifer in "pedantic git" mode.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Four thousand, according to Biblical scholars.

If you're going to pretend to be a fundamentalist Christian, at least do some basic research. By the way, SausageJockey, when did you get bored of pretending to be American?
    Well actually ...

Bishop Ussher gave the date of creation of the Earth and the Sun as 4004 B.C., which means that the Earth and the Sun are 6009 years old. [Blows a raspberry.]

But I'll give you 10 points and I'll give "nool pwan" to Sausage Jockey. And what do points mean?

Sorry to be a pedant but these things do matter. The devil is in the detail as they say. Though I guess you'd know all about that.

Fungus.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Four thousand, according to Biblical scholars.

If you're going to pretend to be a fundamentalist Christian, at least do some basic research. By the way, SausageJockey, when did you get bored of pretending to be American?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Not at all - there were about 8,000 years before Christ, so any family tree cannot extend back beyond that. Lucifer may have planted a few stooges but do not be fooled. It is apt that we are talking about the Jesus Christ, our saviour, on the night of his birth in a manger in Bethlehem.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    I've managed to trace most of Family Tree right back to 3 billion years B.C, where I can go no further.
    Don't you think that the "B.C." is a little superfluous?

Anyway, why don't you ask threaded? He has mapped the entire human genome, and from his own DNA has computed the entire family tree of man over 25 million years, from Neville downwards.

Yes, the name Neville surprised me, too.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Wendigo.....thanks for the reminder

Of course, I share genes with several hundred thousand ancestors, I suspect.

I've managed to trace most of Family Tree right back to 3 billion years B.C, where I can go no further. I'm currently stuck on Kevin the marsupial. Unfortunately, marsupials were not known for their love of record-keeping, so I'm at a loss from there.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    BGG, you share genes with these people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X