• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Housing Ladder

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Housing Ladder"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Most people are stuffed when it comes to buying a house. It's not just a case of being skint and getting by. It is impossible to get a house on average wages and bring up kids in the Sarf East. If only that nice Mr. King would pop up the interest rates to about 7%, we can have the proper phase of house price 'adjustment' and get back to normal...
    WHS. Unfortunately I gather the UK economy is inextricably dependent on forever rising house prices.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Most people are stuffed when it comes to buying a house. It's not just a case of being skint and getting by. It is impossible to get a house on average wages and bring up kids in the Sarf East. If only that nice Mr. King would pop up the interest rates to about 7%, we can have the proper phase of house price 'adjustment' and get back to normal...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    Not really. But the Bible documents many extremely wealthy people who lost it all due to their sin and disobedience to God's Righteous ways.

It's obviously bothering you as you keep on bringing up the subject of Christianity with me, for some reason.
    Who the hell does this pathetic trolling sockie belong to and why isn't the owner banned already?

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm an atheist yet God has provided for me much more than he has for you.
    I guess he likes a bolshie git.
    Not really. But the Bible documents many extremely wealthy people who lost it all due to their sin and disobedience to God's Righteous ways.

It's obviously bothering you as you keep on bringing up the subject of Christianity with me, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    A very interesting question. As for myself, divorce ended my ascent up the ladder. Indeed a precipitated my descent.

Now I'm very happy in my modest abode, and I'd only 'upsize' if I won the lottery
    Same here, but I don't buy lottery tickets.

I bought this house as it was cheaper than renting a flat, it's not perfect but I've no real motivation to consider moving.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Good comeback

Leave a comment:

• Julius Caesar
    replied
    Yes, if I were God then these grovelling brown-nosers would really get on my tits.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    Go to Hell
    He's there already, believing in his fantasy. At least Dim's fantasy is a kind of aspiration :-)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    well you have nothing else to quote except your own opinions I guess. Funny how atheists are so reliant on Christianity to make any kind of point.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Originally posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    I'm an atheist and I really hate quoting the bible, but:

:::

Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life

Ecclesiastes, ch 8, v 15

Leave a comment:

• Julius Caesar
    replied
    well you have nothing else to quote except your own opinions I guess. Funny how atheists are so reliant on Christianity to make any kind of point.
    Go to Hell

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I must admit to having a relatively large kitchen, however I never eat ready made meals.
    I have an average size one which has been badly planned by the previous owner and with three doors to the kitchen you don't get much worktop space.

This limits what I can do in the kitchen and as someone who really likes to cook, it is a pain.

Hence once Mr Norr gets a job, there will be a new house purchase (no point extending, already looked into it and it won't add much value to the house).
    The current house will be rented out (it's never been the "forever home").

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I must admit to having a relatively large kitchen, however I never eat ready made meals.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    nor have I understood why some people require huge kitchens when their cooking consists of mainly ready made meals and takeaways
    That really gets on my nerves and I know of one two many people who have done that.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    nor have I understood why some people require huge kitchens when their cooking consists of mainly ready made meals and takeaways
    For flash value.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X