• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shiny Metal Bubble ?"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Certain. Certain we are fooked.
    You mean you don't trust Prudence Brown?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    And times right now are certain or uncertain?
    Certain. Certain we are fooked.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Gold is a safe haven in times of uncertainty - but not the best investment otherwise.
    And times right now are certain or uncertain?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Gold is a safe haven in times of uncertainty - but not the best investment otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    I wish it were true. Can someone please explain the 1980 peak to me, as anything other than speculation?
    American economy was facing huge inflation at that time and Russia had just invaded Afghanistan and assasinated the president there sparking fears of a new Cold War.

Leave a comment:

• Julius Caesar
    replied
    People need to stop thinking about gold as gold and think of it as what it is, another currency. One that no single government controls and no one can print more of it.

It just happens to be gold as gold is relatively scarce, cannot easily be made artificially, takes time and money to "mint" and does not degrade.

Humans need a currency to represent wealth and buying power that is not subject to "quantitative easing".

Gold doesn't go up, paper money goes down.
    I wish it were true. Can someone please explain the 1980 peak to me, as anything other than speculation?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Don't you just love the comments?
    Young yogesh is classic.

Mmmmmmmmm. I smell a Plan B for some one - sell instructions on how to make gold to the Bob's.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Looks like the Pound is taking another pounding today, even against other fiat rapidly inflating currencies.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Indeed, that's why I am wearing a 4 kg chunky gold chain round my neck.
    ???

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    And remember, paper gold is not gold.
    Indeed, that's why I am wearing a 4 kg chunky gold chain round my neck.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    And remember, paper gold is not gold.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    thank you DP

Milan.
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thank you DP

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    People need to stop thinking about gold as gold and think of it as what it is, another currency. One that no single government controls and no one can print more of it.

It just happens to be gold as gold is relatively scarce, cannot easily be made artificially, takes time and money to "mint" and does not degrade.

Humans need a currency to represent wealth and buying power that is not subject to "quantitative easing".

Gold doesn't go up, paper money goes down.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    There is gold in that...erm...err...gold...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X