• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We have several Scots on here, so..."

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    A classic. I remember spotting that when it happened.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao9p3ou7-U

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The Crankies ?
    Jockie Wilson?

It's just occurred to me that Princess Anne is sort of Scottish. She's an Olympic gold medalist, and she's royal to boot. What about her?

PS No-one has mentioned Frank Haffey...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The Crankies ?

Leave a comment:

• scaramanga
    replied
    Billy Bremner

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Jackie Stewart
    You're the second to suggest him. Great though he was, many thought Jim Clark was better.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Or John Jeffreys who I (as an Englishman) thought was great
    John Jeffrey was good, but at his best with Finlay Calder; a good example of two players working together to be more than the sum of the parts. 2 yards behind every good open side flanker you’ll find an even better blind side flanker, so yes, Jeffrey was arguably the better. Of course, I am completely neutral and unbiased in expressing this opinion.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 15 February 2010, 11:09.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Those nice ladies who won gold at curling.

Jackie Stewart

Chris Hoy

Liz McColgan

Colin McCrae

They'd all be up there.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Jim Leighton. Used to get great entertainment out of some of the howlers he committed for ManUre.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Who is or was the greatest Scottish sportsperson ever?
    Scotty from Star Trek played a mean pinball.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Stephen Hendry, if you count Snooker as a sport

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I nominate them two guys in '101 Challenges'. Their visit to Thailand was quite the funniest thing I've seen on the box in a while: 'Ladyboys Tea Party', classic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    King Kennny

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Jackie Stewart or Colin Macrae?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Perhaps Dalglish. How about Jim Baxter, he was always revered by scots I know. Or John Jeffreys who I (as an Englishman) thought was great, Liz McColgan, Sandy Lyle, Jim Watt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X