• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moving Out Of IT And Getting A Pay Cut - Would You Do That"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Sometimes I don't understand why these blatant sockies and trolls (and their owners) are allowed to survive on CUK.
    I agree. Ban 'em all I say!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Stop.

Joey time!
    Is that like Hammertime, without the bad trousers and music?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    same old dilema attention seeking MO covered with a nice sprinkling of arrogance YAWN

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Sometimes I don't understand why these blatant sockies and trolls (and their owners) are allowed to survive on CUK. Surely they don't add any value to the place.
    I know.

Am getting sick of this turd and his mate newblood.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Sometimes I don't understand why these blatant sockies and trolls (and their owners) are allowed to survive on CUK. Surely they don't add any value to the place.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Stop.

Joey time!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    C# in banks is paying more than 500 a day in Europe.
    but not in the UK

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    C# in banks is paying more than 500 a day in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by joey122 View Post
    28 and doing my first contract at a bank in London - I have always been in IT (for the last five years).

I have an offer to move away from IT and into a more sales role where I will still need IT (And they expect me to knock stuff up in VBA) but I wil be doing non IT stuff predominantly..

Basically looking at datasets and doing some stats

The only problem is its a perm role paying 75K plus a hypothetical bonus - Contracting for the last six months has spoilt me.

What would others on the forum do?

EDIT : I can continue doing C# @500 a day and am pretty sure that this contract will roll on. Only problem is it is mind numbingily boring messing about with crap systems and doing all sorts of fire fighting work
    a) Go for it
    b) 'Koff - Seriously

Seperate note:
    Always = 5 years.... FFS!
    Permie Sales 75k p/a - Yeah Yeah...
    Code Donkey confident of getting £500 p/d.... - Yeah Yeah

[Note to self]
    Don't feed the Troll
    [/Note to self]

Leave a comment:

• Moving Out Of IT And Getting A Pay Cut - Would You Do That

28 and doing my first contract at a bank in London - I have always been in IT (for the last five years).

I have an offer to move away from IT and into a more sales role where I will still need IT (And they expect me to knock stuff up in VBA) but I wil be doing non IT stuff predominantly..

Basically looking at datasets and doing some stats

The only problem is its a perm role paying 75K plus a hypothetical bonus - Contracting for the last six months has spoilt me.

What would others on the forum do?

EDIT : I can continue doing C# @500 a day and am pretty sure that this contract will roll on. Only problem is it is mind numbingily boring messing about with crap systems and doing all sorts of fire fighting work
    Last edited by joey122; 13 February 2010, 13:05.

Working...
X