• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Annual leave or compensation?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I reckon in your position that may be a baaaad idea......

but don't let me stop you - I always enjoy a good wake.

We have an arrangement, I don't do anything stupid, she doesn't get to practice her 1 inch punch on my bollocks!

Simples!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ahh, seek forgiveness, not permission! Like it!

I reckon in your position that may be a baaaad idea......

but don't let me stop you - I always enjoy a good wake.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Take all 7.5 days off, if they complain then apologise and say there must have been some confusion
    Always easier to get forgiveness than to request permission
    Ahh, seek forgiveness, not permission! Like it!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by gemasp View Post
    Hi guys,

Got a question. I am on the notice and serving last 4 weeks with my employer (perm). And I have 7.5 holiday days left. Manager saying that he will give me 5 days and 2.5 will be compensated with last salary.

Can anyone clarify what law says in that case? Can I demand to be on holiday for all 7.5 days?

I dont really want to get compensation.

Thanks
    Take all 7.5 days off, if they complain then apologise and say there must have been some confusion
    Always easier to get forgiveness than to request permission

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    What does HR say?

Ask them and suggest that this sounds like discrimination - they'll soon give you the time off

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    someone's gonna get a kicking soon
    That wouldn't go down well in a permanent employee’s annual appraisal/court appearance.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    yes very true - I was going to add that but lost the will to live tbh

why do middle managment feel the need to play stupid fooking power games.

someone's gonna get a kicking soon

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    Need more figures

but in response to the OP's post yes there is a law that states you must have x amount of holdays per year and they cannot force you to work them which is in effect what they are doing.
    You'd need to know the numbers before saying that. The law says you must have 4 weeks plus the 8 bank holidays (5.6 weeks) as of October 2008

If the OP's contract says 25 days plus BHs then by allowing 22.5 days to be taken (and paying for the 2.5 days left over) they are not breaking any law.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    whilst there seems to be a touch of bitterness in Mich's post I have to agree

if middle managment spent more trying to get the job done and not gone on pointless petty power trips then the world would probably be a better place.

but in response to the OP's post yes there is a law that states you must have x amount of holdays per year and they cannot force you to work them which is in effect what they are doing.

tell your manager to stick up his fat wobbly azz

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
    Maybe however, gemasp, as a permie, can retaliate by using the self certifying sicky scheme which most employers can do nothing about.

MTT's seal of approval.

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    Sick permies

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I don’t think so. I think some fat middle aged middle manager with an overhanging belly, a dysfunctional organ, two kids on crack and a wife who’s shagging the milkman just wants to have a power trip and is using the rules to get his way in at least one tiny aspect of his sad little life.
    Maybe however, gemasp, as a permie, can retaliate by using the self certifying sicky scheme which most employers can do nothing about.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If you want to leave immediately then take a dump on the boardroom table - more impact and kudos if you take a crap during a meeting - even more Kudos if it's an AGM, you'll turn it into an Extraordinary AGM...
    I don’t think so. I think some fat middle aged middle manager with an overhanging belly, a dysfunctional organ, two kids on crack and a wife who’s shagging the milkman just wants to have a power trip and is using the rules to get his way in at least one tiny aspect of his sad little life.
    Even more kudos if you crap on this fellow's desk!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
    From their point of view he/she will want the longest handover.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If you want to leave immediately then take a dump on the boardroom table - more impact and kudos if you take a crap during a meeting - even more Kudos if it's an AGM, you'll turn it into an Extraordinary AGM...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I think if someone gave me crap like that I’d say something very regrettable.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X