• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Could never go veggi"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

I left these on purpose to Mr Bolshii to spot...
    I thought you might have, but it was too good to resist

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    grammar

I left these on purpose to Mr Bolshii to spot...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Hmm. Should the missing full stop have been put in before or after the winking smiley?
    The smilie is a large full round stop

(Also, I would put a comma after the 'however'; however, that seems to be an antiquated practice these days.)
    In our school we had pretty strict teachers - saying "we will" instead of "we shall" was deemed a very serious mistake.

P.S. I do agree comma usage is very poor in modern English, its usage is much stricter ruled in Russian language - 2 mistakes with commas were making up serious mistake which was leading to a reduction in grade by 1, with 5 being top grade and 2 being fail it was pretty harsh...
    Last edited by AtW; 7 February 2010, 12:51.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    LOL! Does she not know cats are natural predators of mice and birds?
    She will when it starts bringing them in for her.

She'll really like it when the "dead" frogs start appearing (I've noticed that ours bring in frogs which play dead and then disappear, only to be found a week or so later stinking the place out and really dead).

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Hmm. Should the missing full stop have been put in before or after the winking smiley?(Also, I would put a comma after the 'however'; however, that seems to be an antiquated practice these days.)
    You ought to see how commas go in Danish.

For fun they changed the comma law in 1996, to make it more bizarre, <Judge Dred voice> And it is the Law! </Judge Dred voice>

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Hmm. Should the missing full stop have been put in before or after the winking smiley?
    However in this particular case it was spelling issue
    (Also, I would put a comma after the 'however'; however, that seems to be an antiquated practice these days.)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

You are correct. This forum is not a school for grammer. I would have never assumed such a role because my English grammer sucks.

grammar

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Ever since I had gastric surgery I've found it difficult to eat dense meat like steak or a joint of pork / chops...

I do enjoy fish and seafood more now.

My tastes have greatly changed.

T

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oh do **** off you tiresome ****. The forum is not a school for grammar and most certainly not by the ******* likes of you. Got it?
    You are correct. This forum is not a school for grammer. I would have never assumed such a role because my English grammer sucks.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Friend of ours has got a new cat and as she's strictly vegetarian the moggy doesn't get to eat meat either (she wont have meat in the house, it has a vegetarian diet plus 'supplements' ). Hopefully he'll gorge himself on birds and mice when out of sight.
    LOL! Does she not know cats are natural predators of mice and birds?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    You should apologise for poor apostrophe use as well...

Here have some meat, it's going to help you...
    Oh do **** off you tiresome ****. The forum is not a school for grammar and most certainly not by the ******* likes of you. Got it?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I had a nice surprise yesterday in the works canteen,

Cheeseburger and chips and as much salad as I could eat. Forget the MacD or BurgerKing variety. Twas was good stuff,

An incredible cut above previous canteens and not quite as expensive either.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I generally don't eat meat when I'm out and tend to stick to locally shot game when at home. I couldn't be veggie though, for some people it's very black and white but for me there are times I just eat what's stuck in front of me to avoid waste and / or offence.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Its not natural not to eat meat! (Apologies for the double negative!)
    Friend of ours has got a new cat and as she's strictly vegetarian the moggy doesn't get to eat meat either (she wont have meat in the house, it has a vegetarian diet plus 'supplements' ). Hopefully he'll gorge himself on birds and mice when out of sight.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Its not natural not to eat meat! (Apologies for the double negative!)
    You should apologise for poor apostrophe use as well...

Here have some meat, it's going to help you...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X