• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Caprica

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Caprica"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Caprica's problem is that being a prequel, everyone knows how it turns out. Everything in it is predictable because of this.

We now know why cylons believe in one god; soldiers of the one
    We already knew why cylons were created; to do the work humans didnt want to
    We can summise why cylons took on human form; the avatars of the dead children.
    We already knew why the cylons turned against humans; humans believed in many gods and we can now summise humans thought 'soldiers of the one' were terrorists.

At best, Caprica should have been a 4 hour mini series. At worst, it'll probably run for at least two, 22 episode seasons.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The title sequence is cringeworthy though.
    My eldest always comments on that.

So so. Nothing mind boggling, and not as good as BSG, but I don't come away thinking I have wasted the hour.
    Last edited by OrangeHopper; 5 March 2010, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I'm quite enjoying it too. Schoolgirls, virtual reality, gangsters, reglious cults and robots all in one series. What could be wrong with that?

The title sequence is cringeworthy though.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I still haven't got round to watching it...

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Gave up on this now

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Watched a few episdodes of this now, rather enjoying it.

Latest epp was good with the girl in the machine who can't die.
    I'm 3 episodes behind and was hoping to catch up this weekend. Nowhere near as good as BSG (so far) but am hoping it will pick up.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Watched a few episdodes of this now, rather enjoying it.

Latest epp was good with the girl in the machine who can't die.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Apparently the Sci-Fi Channel has first broadcast rights in the UK.
    Must be good if it's on Sci-Fi. All they ever show is flimsy American disaster mini-series and Emanuelle in Space.

Plus they have the worst picture quality of any Sky channel.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I've been downloading it from easynews, like HAB, I tend to download most things these days and watch at my own convenience.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I haven't seen any of the new V. Did it make it onto UK TV anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Oh and the effects, marvellous. Not!

That is one of the few reasons in which I can accept remakes or updated versions of older stuff, particularly if the original was b/w. Providing the effects aren't merely the only reason they did the new version, such as the War of the Worlds remake, which if you ignored the effects it was a very poor imitiation of the original.

Besides, in the new BSG I remember seeing a segment where it looked like the viper craft were floating in space, not moving as they were supposedly doing. So the effects weren't all that hot.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    No idea. I don't even bother looking much. I've got a telly in the bedroom that I use, maybe, once a week.

I use torrent and download all the US stuff and iPlayer etc for UK material.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Sorry, 'V' isn't working for me. I'm not sure that I will pick it up once it returns.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I would agree, they simply took the concept of the original and worked on it a bit.

I do approach remakes with a touch a of cynicism.

V has still while to go it hasn't started off well and hasn't benefitted from a long break. i'm still preferring the original.
    Sorry, 'V' isn't working for me. I'm not sure that I will pick it up once it returns.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I agree with you completely, but BSG is one of the very few that really did work and added something different and original. It's like Joe Cocker's version of "Little help from my friends" - it's essentially a new song, not a cover version.
    I would agree, they simply took the concept of the original and worked on it a bit.

I do approach remakes with a touch a of cynicism.

V has still while to go it hasn't started off well and hasn't benefitted from a long break. i'm still preferring the original.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X