• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thursday footie quiz"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The bottom-feeding little known "Carkmeel" flounder?
    Close.
    It is of course the "Brylcreem Shark", named for its glossy and rakishly angled dorsal fin.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    What is the only fish that has all the letters of the word Mackerel in its name?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackerel_shark

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Does it stick things up other fishes' bottoms?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    What is the only fish that has all the letters of the word Mackerel in its name?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Bond St

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    doodab gets my banana. Here it is sir.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by lexington_spurs
    St John's Wood
    Well done. Have a

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Which is the only stop on the london underground that doesn't contain any of the letters of the word mackerel in the name?
    St John's Wood
    Last edited by doodab; 4 February 2010, 15:42.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Which is the only stop on the london underground that doesn't contain any of the letters of the word mackerel in the name?

Leave a comment:

• mr_woo
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Is it just me or does Swindon get a disproportionate amount of exposure on this forum?
    Perhaps because it is Geographically the best place to live in the country for contractors.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Is it just me or does Swindon get a disproportionate amount of exposure on this forum?

Leave a comment:

• mr_woo
    replied
    The correct answer is indeed Swindon Town. Last time I looked Hibernean were playing in Scotland and contain several letters in Mackerel.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X