• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Docs required to be put forward for a role in public sector."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    .They should have checked the I-94W with the Campaign for Plain English as the average reading age of the UK population is 13 so most people won't understand what they are ticking.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I-94W Sminki

Check out questions A-C on the back. It used to get me worried everytime.
    I can't copy and paste on that page. I think there is a setting in IE to overide it. Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I-94W Sminki

Check out questions A-C on the back. It used to get me worried every time.
    I imagine question C must get anyone working for one of the Security Services worried every time.

C Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage ..?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    not an agency but a company to manage agencies, yet another intermediary between us and the client taking their cut

Seriously?

We're overrun with parasites.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I-94W Sminki

Check out questions A-C on the back. It used to get me worried everytime.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Many councils and gov agencys have started over the last few years to use 3rd party "contractor/freelancer/employee management companies" (not an agency but a company to manage agencies, yet another intermediary between us and the client taking their cut) and to justify themselves they generally start asking for all this type of crap.

Last public sector job i had they brought them in mid contract, i refused to comply with their demands and got away with it, but new contractors that did not comply did not get hired

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Ever filled in an I-94W to get in to the USA?

No I decided there's not enough there to warrant all the hassle getting through border control.

Tourism must have been affected if it's true they do iris scans, finger printing, 3rd degree questionning, anal probing, ... and that's just for residents from the countries that are supposed to be their allies!

Makes you wonder who's winning this 'war on terrorism'.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    How do they determine if you are a wanted criminal. Ask you to sign a form saying you're not or something?

Reminds me of a security clearance form I once had to fill in, where one of the questions was something like 'Are you a terrorist?'.

The problem with agencies is they seem to be too dumb to know the difference between temps and contractors.
    Ever filled in an I-94W to get in to the USA?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Perfect case for identity card ...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's pretty standard for them to check that you aren't an illegal immigrant or wanted criminal, I think it might even be a legal requirement these days.
    are

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's pretty standard for them to check that you aren't an illegal immigrant or wanted criminal, I think it might even be a legal requirement these days.

How do they determine if you are a wanted criminal. Ask you to sign a form saying you're not or something?

Reminds me of a security clearance form I once had to fill in, where one of the questions was something like 'Are you a terrorist?'.

The problem with agencies is they seem to be too dumb to know the difference between temps and contractors.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by newblood View Post
    It is for some public agency , but the agent has requests upfront tons of information: work eligibility , refs , passport pics , NI numbers , conviction statements , and a whole bunch of other questions.

I just can't be bothered to submit all this data just to be put forward for a job.
    I had all this crap to go through when working for Bt via Elan on connecting for health. I wonder if the techM bods in India who replaced us had to supply the same?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by newblood View Post
    I just can't be bothered to submit all this data just to be put forward for a job.
    Well don't then. Someone else who can be bothered will get the job.

Leave a comment:

• Docs required to be put forward for a role in public sector.

It is for some public agency , but the agent has requests upfront tons of information: work eligibility , refs , passport pics , NI numbers , conviction statements , and a whole bunch of other questions.

Working...
X