• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Vienna

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vienna"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Choon!
    The British public preferred this:

Which goes to show that the British public shouldn't be asked their opinion on anything.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    This means nothing to me.
    Goodnight!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Choon!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Coat for sir?

Leave a comment:

• stuart_75
    replied
    I may have a long term oppertunity in Vienna at €400/day. Just wondering what the living costs are like, the link above for the apartments looks decent. Was considering bringing the wife and nipper across for the ride, any idea if the is much of a ex-pat comminity over there and international schools?

Would I be better to put my money through the HMRC, Austrian system or go offshore? Sorry if they seem like stupid questions, there is'nt much Austrian advice on here.

Cheers

Stuart

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    I quite like secktor 3 where I have had an apartment for quite a few years now.

Would avoid around WestBannHof area and secktor 1 where all the hookers, tourists and high prices are.

Estate agents are a real rip off often asking for 3 months up front before they will do anything for you. A couple of my team use these: http://www.apartmentsambiente.com/en_index.html English speaking and helpful.

You need to register for residence and tax within 5 days of arriving here.
    Im working direct to the end client, but Ill ask around the office and see what options are possible.

PZZ
    Thanks for that. Looks right.

The job should be less that 3 months, so my understanding is I don't have to do all that? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    I quite like secktor 3 where I have had an apartment for quite a few years now.

Would avoid around WestBannHof area and secktor 1 where all the hookers, tourists and high prices are.

Estate agents are a real rip off often asking for 3 months up front before they will do anything for you. A couple of my team use these: http://www.apartmentsambiente.com/en_index.html English speaking and helpful.

You need to register for residence and tax within 5 days of arriving here.
    Im working direct to the end client, but Ill ask around the office and see what options are possible.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Don't stay in room 211 in the Holiday Inn at the World Trade Centre there. I did one of those embarrassing farts in it once There's some pretty good small breweries though

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    started a topic Vienna

Vienna

Recommendations on good areas to live.

Recommendations on good managed apartments.

Recommendations on management companies.

Working...
X