• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Pound is dropping like a stone"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Slight problem there mate, we have too many bridges and tunnels in this country.

Not very good at the "thinking things through" thing, are you?
    You forgot about overhead electric wires.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Slight problem there mate, we have too many bridges and tunnels in this country.

No, take it to it's logical conclusion - if you can only afford 3rd class you will be exterminated...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You right.

Next step would be to make train tickets cheaper by allowing 3rd class to sit on the roof whilst they go. A solution to high carbon economy for sure...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltonLad View Post
    If £ drops WELL BELOW current rate against INR, all will go BACK! No cheap labour market / No offshoring / immigrants problem sorted...Yeah..not good for UK market as well.
    You right.

Next step would be to make train tickets cheaper by allowing 3rd class to sit on the roof whilst they go. A solution to high carbon economy for sure...

Leave a comment:

• BoltonLad
    replied
    If £ drops WELL BELOW current rate against INR, all will go BACK! No cheap labour market / No offshoring / immigrants problem sorted...Yeah..not good for UK market as well.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    1% equals dropping like a stone? You've not got much of a grasp of gravity have you.

I hate this sort of sensationalist reporting. It's always one extreme or another, then the actually story is a let down.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Off to the US next week - got all my currency two weeks ago at 1.61.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Almost 1% fall against the Euro today, so far. Ditto against the Dollar and Yen. Is this as a consequence of Dave saying he will keep interest rates low too?
    Could be because I'm off back out of the country and the markets are rattled on the news.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Cable now 1.5850

Dunno why I care, I don't have money in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
    That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    woohooo was just about to move a large amount from Euros to GBP...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Quite glad I bought my Euros for this weeks trip on Saturday then

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    3 years ago.
    of course

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    hmm, when to buy euros for summer holiday?

3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    hmm, when to buy euros for summer holiday?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic The Pound is dropping like a stone

The Pound is dropping like a stone

Almost 1% fall against the Euro today, so far. Ditto against the Dollar and Yen. Is this as a consequence of Dave saying he will keep interest rates low too?

Working...
X