• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Andy Murray

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Andy Murray"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    What do you want? Henman with a nice accent and a nice smile to put on your wall or a winner? A loser or a class athelete? We know what the answer is... you want a English winner ... you are just a twonk. It's ok if you don't like him, but just cut to the chase and stop babbling. Scotland and Britain will have a grand slim winner, you won't ...
    When that day happens we'll hopefully stop being the fat man of Europe

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I believe you're a member of a tennis club...
    I am. It's cause I am brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I dont think people appreciate the enormity of what he has achieved, not only in the context of the sheer quality of mens tennis in the world but also in the context of the performance of the UK system of finding and developing tennis players. To a lesser extent the same can be applied to Henman.

Tennis in the UK is a middle class sport that is played by kids who are over indulged by parents who are often lacking something in their own lives. These kids dont really want to get to the top. The difference with Murray is the competitive environment that he was brought up in with his brothers, and the clever nurturing of his parents-who are clearly not like other parents.

I think Murray is a fantastic sportsman. If people dont like his personality they are missing the point.
    I believe you're a member of a tennis club...

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Missing the point, WE choose to support them because of the country they come from.

I guess you are also the jealous type ... "filthy lucre" ... and not very sporty or you'd understand sport and competition a bit better.

Always picked last at school were we?

Errr WIS
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Grow up.......

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    I don't care who the Spanish, Swiss, Yanks etc support......

Nor do Nadal, Fed, Rod, Murray etc........ they play for MONEY.... Not for honour, pride, esteem "Their Country" but filthy Lucre........

You can kid yourself as much as you like (and call me a moron if it makes you feel good) but PROFESSIONAL Sportsmen/women play for MONEY.....

and in the context of Grand Slams there isn't even the pretense of representing their country.... they are "Open" events......

Grow up.......

Missing the point, WE choose to support them because of the country they come from.

I guess you are also the jealous type ... "filthy lucre" ... and not very sporty or you'd understand sport and competition a bit better.

Always picked last at school were we?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    No, I didn't like Henman either for the same reasons, does that now make me anti english as well? Idiots..interesting you picked up on the I don't like him bit but missed the unlucky, your time will come bit in my initial post,probably couldn't see past that massive chip eh?

I won't curse the day he wins a grand slam FFS,I just won't jump up and down like an idiot and use lots of phrases with the words Scottish, British or english in it.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I couldn't care less about the moronic spelling ... it was the moronic point. You don't think the Spanish support Nadal? Swiss, Fed, Yanks Roddick etc ...
    I don't care who the Spanish, Swiss, Yanks etc support......

Nor do Nadal, Fed, Rod, Murray etc........ they play for MONEY.... Not for honour, pride, esteem "Their Country" but filthy Lucre........

You can kid yourself as much as you like (and call me a moron if it makes you feel good) but PROFESSIONAL Sportsmen/women play for MONEY.....

and in the context of Grand Slams there isn't even the pretense of representing their country.... they are "Open" events......

Grow up.......

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Sorry - Their......
    I couldn't care less about the moronic spelling ... it was the moronic point. You don't think the Spanish support Nadal? Swiss, Fed, Yanks Roddick etc ...

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Well actually they won't...... Murray doesn't play Grand Slams for Scotland/Britain or anyone except Murray...... and the dosh!

Its only the Olympics and the Davis Cup where any of them play "for thier Country"..........
    What an idiot ...
    Sorry - Their......

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Well actually they won't...... Murray doesn't play Grand Slams for Scotland/Britain or anyone except Murray...... and the dosh!

Its only the Olympics and the Davis Cup where any of them play "for thier Country"..........
    What an idiot ...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    I dislike him because he has no charisma,
    Did you dislike Tim Henman, or was he charismatic enough for you?

little sense of humour
    FFS! He is a sportsman, not a stand-up comedian.

and the majority of his play is all power and little finesse, and good enough to get him to more grand slam finals than any British man in over 70 years
    FTFY

And these "others". Don't bother, I think we can sense just what kind of pathetic Little Englander rationale underpins them.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    ......Scotland and Britain will have a grand slim winner, you won't ...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I think he's still a bit of a mixed up kid (I would be too if I'd seen my classmates gunned down at the age of 7).

In the last year he seems to have got a bit more PR advice and has warmed up a bit, and consequently people generally are warming to him.

He's beaten Fed before so he just needs to play at the top of his game to beat him - something he didn't do on Sunday.

Barring injuries he's got another 5-6 years of top class tennis in him, so I think his chances of actually winning a Grand Slam and becoming one of Britain's all time sporting heroes is quite high.

Nigel Mansell was a twat, and everybody liked him a lot more once he was world champ...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Are you forgetting that this was a major final and the fed is the best player tennis has ever seen?

twonk ...
    I dont think people appreciate the enormity of what he has achieved, not only in the context of the sheer quality of mens tennis in the world but also in the context of the performance of the UK system of finding and developing tennis players. To a lesser extent the same can be applied to Henman.

Tennis in the UK is a middle class sport that is played by kids who are over indulged by parents who are often lacking something in their own lives. These kids dont really want to get to the top. The difference with Murray is the competitive environment that he was brought up in with his brothers, and the clever nurturing of his parents-who are clearly not like other parents.

I think Murray is a fantastic sportsman. If people dont like his personality they are missing the point.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I dislike him because he has no charisma, little sense of humour....
    and is a bit of an *rse!

I also didn't like the: limping, rubbing his back, thigh etc between every point.

He was getting whupped by the best player in the world playing on top form.... no need for the "Oh I think I am injured" pantomime!!!

I don't like him - but he is a pretty good player - and my approval/lack won't cause him any loss of sleep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X