• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should John Terry be stripped of the England captaincy?"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jet Setter View Post
    ....Although he is amongst friends in the world of football.
    Ain't that the truth - I blame the fans. They could stop all this lunacy but their blind team loyalty keeps it alive, the violence, the obscene wages, the acceptance of anything as long as the team is doing ok (and often if it isn't)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I have only skimmed the news on this one, but weren't Bridge and the underwear model together when Terry was sleeping with her?
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    for what it's worth, Bridge was still with the woman at the time.
    Apparently not. They had split up.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    hehe, I don't follow the England team that closely, but something I read suggested Bridge was at least number 1 backup to whoever the first pick at his position is (Ashley Cole was it??)

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Oh, that's why he won't be picked again then...

Yeah, it's like Andy Cole saying he was retiring from international football, only about two years after he was last picked for the squad.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Bridge has also indicated he does not want to be picked for England again because of all this.
    Oh, that's why he won't be picked again then...

IMO I think Capello will strip him of the captancy.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If the man had any honour he'd resign. Mind you, if he had any honour he wouldn't have done the deed in the first place!
    If he does resign, it will only be to try and save his sponsorship deals.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Terry got her pregnant and she had an abortion.

Bridge has also indicated he does not want to be picked for England again because of all this.

If Capello does not strip Terry of the captaincy it will be a surprise. Not sure if he will be dropped or not, time will tell.
    If the man had any honour he'd resign. Mind you, if he had any honour he wouldn't have done the deed in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied

Terry got her pregnant and she had an abortion.

If Capello does not strip Terry of the captaincy it will be a surprise. Not sure if he will be dropped or not, time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    But Terry wasn't (a free agent)...
    Ah, but he's only one of many there, including Beckham when he was captain, and Eriksson when he was manager.

The point being made is whether he can lead a side if he is found to have been shagging one of their wives/girlfriends.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Just read a bit more. Most shocking thing I read was that he is 29. Really?! All that humping has really aged him.

You can shag your mates ex(s) but you have to ask permission first.

Leave a comment:

• Jet Setter
    replied
    A similar thing happened back in Australia a few years back when the skipper of an Aussie Rules team was actually busted shagging his best mate's missus. Ruined his whole career and reputation. Sent him into a downward spiral he hasn't come out of.

Had to leave the team and lost respect from his team mates. That's why Terry has to go. How could you respect a bloke who time and time again shows himself to be a poor quality person? Although he is amongst friends in the world of football.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    So it wasn't actually a restriction in his contract. Nowt to worry about then.

Just read a bit more. Most shocking thing I read was that he is 29. Really?! All that humping has really aged him.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Even if not, Terry still broke the unspoken code with mate's exes.

So it wasn't actually a restriction in his contract. Nowt to worry about then.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was knobbing my mate's ex once, did not go down well with my ( now ex ) mate.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    But surely this woman was a "free agent" after splitting up with Bridge.
    I have only skimmed the news on this one, but weren't Bridge and the underwear model together when Terry was sleeping with her?

Even if not, Terry still broke the unspoken code with mate's exes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X