• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sheesh! How difficult to get an interview?"

Collapse

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow. That was odd. Got offered a perm role, held them off for a week and went back in to discuss terms. Landed up with a contract instead.

I mean I had the perm role in the palm of my hand and after further discussions around money they said, lets make it contract to perm to see if you're worth it!

Ummmm, doesnt that just mean they had doubts about you?? And you're celebrating? Still ........... if it makes you happy, I'll give you a dancing banana as well ......

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Wow. That was odd. Got offered a perm role, held them off for a week and went back in to discuss terms. Landed up with a contract instead.

I mean I had the perm role in the palm of my hand and after further discussions around money they said, lets make it contract to perm to see if you're worth it!

http://www.bestadsontv.com/files/pri...t_worth_it.jpg

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    they said, lets make it contract to perm to see if you're worth it!

I give them 2 months to answer their own question

Well done though

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Odd

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sheesh! How difficult to get an interview?

Don't tell me the market for aggressive Crystal Reports 1.0 and VB6 script consultants has collapsed?!?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    LOL. I know what you mean Dim, your Cobol skills must be in short order these days.

Much more aligned these days with the latest technology. Excel is the way forward my friend Excel and Charts
    Figured out what etl stands for yet?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Don't tell me the market for aggressive Crystal Reports 1.0 and VB6 script consultants has collapsed?!?

LOL. I know what you mean Dim, your Cobol skills must be in short order these days.

Much more aligned these days with the latest technology. Excel is the way forward my friend Excel and Charts

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Bad news on the Tape Changing Front as well

IBM's monster tape will take 3 days to fill

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    WOW! Bloody hard to get an interview these days let alone an answer from an agent.

I've been 'shortlisted' for interview and managed to get my CV put in for 6 roles in the last two weeks with agents, but yet no interview. In fact, after the first couple of calls, not a dicky bird, not a sausage and the agent seems to disapear into the ether. Dont remember it being like that in my day.

Managed to get one interview for a Perm role directly and I've been offered that, but ideally I'd like to get on of these bloody contracts Im chasing!!!

Have to decide on Friday or risk losing the perm role
    Yep. Finding it pretty much the same. Not being cocky but I've been contacted about roles I know I'd have a very good chance of getting once in front of the client.

Not getting a sniff. Must be others are asking for tulip low rates so getting asked to interview by the client.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Contrary to the government soundbites, there's an awful lot of people out of work and going for those gigs.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What did you do to Mordac?

I hope you did not punch anyone at your previous job

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I thought you had your own shop?
    Yes.

I would also like to earn a living as well.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I thought you had your own shop?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Sheesh! How difficult to get an interview?

WOW! Bloody hard to get an interview these days let alone an answer from an agent.

I've been 'shortlisted' for interview and managed to get my CV put in for 6 roles in the last two weeks with agents, but yet no interview. In fact, after the first couple of calls, not a dicky bird, not a sausage and the agent seems to disapear into the ether. Dont remember it being like that in my day.

Managed to get one interview for a Perm role directly and I've been offered that, but ideally I'd like to get on of these bloody contracts Im chasing!!!

Have to decide on Friday or risk losing the perm role

Working...
X