• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "An embarrassing admission"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    I though this thread was going to be about moobs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8487526.stm

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    think i'd rather admit to an embarrassing emission.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    I've seen a bit of Glee, it's definitely better than you think it's going to be.

Almost a year after "retiring" I've finally relaxed enough to watch daytime TV, "Veronica Mars" on E4.

But nothing will ever beat "Gilmore Girls." (Also showing on E4 at the moment, but if you've not seen it yet get the DVD's and start with series 1.) For the ignorant: the opening episode sets up the premise of the characters, hot 32 year-old mother and pretty 15 year-old daughter having coffee together, get chatted up by guy who doesn't realise how they're related. Trivia: the girl (Rory) later acquires an intense friend who admits to a teenage crush on Neil Kinnock. (And yes, there is a one-line explanation of who he is, for the sake of the American teenage girl demographic.) Trivia 2: Madeleine Albright (Bill Clinton's Secretary of State) appears as herself in a dream sequence. Trivia 3: Carole King sings the theme tune and appears in the show as the owner of a musical instrument shop.

Which all makes me wonder, how many series aimed at girls in their teens and twenties are watched by forty-something guys?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Nope.

Haven't seen any of the first season either.
    Then you've missed her. Nah, I won't tell ya what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I sneeringly thought it would be for kids.

I caught it for 5 minutes and now I'm hooked.

I love Glee

I didn't realise that my hidden love for US college a cappella groups would go public...

Ah well - it's out in the open now...

So am I.

Watched the preview on E4 before Xmas and then downloaded the latest episodes from t'internet.

Love the dark, razor sharp wit.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I watched the one with Summer Glau.

That was enough.
    You seen any of the second season of Dollhouse?

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I think he identified with the aggressive female school coach
    Quelle surprise?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I caught half the second episode and liked it, recorded the next 2 and downloaded the the first 2 in full.

Come on guy's stop being so macho about it... give in.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Was it nervous laughter??
    I think he identified with the aggressive female school coach

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    He was laughing just as much as me
    Was it nervous laughter??

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    FTFY

He was laughing just as much as me

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Caught Glee last night - I am hooked and Mr P is not allowed the remote
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Caught Glee last night - Mr P and I are now hooked

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    Still waiting for the next season of Dexter to make it's way onto FX.

Excellent series.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    But Total Wipe is a repeat of a recent series!

And on prime-time Saturday telly. Bad form, BBC...
    I'd never seen it until a few weeks ago, I could hear the kids chuckling away so joined in. I guess it could get a bit repetitive but the formulae of picking a few fatties to launch at the big balls is currently providing much amusement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X