• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Polish Vodka

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Polish Vodka"

Collapse

• Halcyon
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    It's a strange thing but... I've never had a hangover from polish vodka. Wierd huh?

I've never had a hangover from Polish vodka either, but I don't think it's that weird. It's easily explained by the fact that I've never drunk it...

(c:

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Can vodka be appreciated like Brandy or Whisky/Whiskey? I thought the trick was to mix stuff with it to disguise the taste.
    Yep and it is amazing how the flavour will vary from Vodka to Vodka.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    As far as I'm concerned a good vodka has no taste.

(Especially when served straight from the freezer. )
    In the past people aimed to make vodka as pure as possible, nowadays it's very cheap to mix pure ethanol with water, so cheap vodka is very pure (ethanol + water) and good vodka gets its flavour from the impurities during fermentation and distillation of the ingredients.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Can vodka be appreciated like Brandy or Whisky/Whiskey? I thought the trick was to mix stuff with it to disguise the taste.
    This stuff is amazing, very smooth and should never be mixed. Helps to chill it too.

When I was in Gdansk a few months ago we went to a bar that had countless different kinds of vodka and sampled a fair few of them. Also tried some home made stuff that was actually very good too.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    As far as I'm concerned a good vodka has no taste.

(Especially when served straight from the freezer. )

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I bought some from a deli in Maidenhead once, it was called "Pure Polish Spirit".

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

Are you sure it wasn't "Pure Metal Polish Spirit"?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    The 'don't post when pissed rule' obviously was ignored lat night.

Woke up feeling fine with no hangover and just about to start cooking the fry up. No need to mix this stuff with anything it tastes fine just as it is. Gonna try the mint flavoured one at the weekend

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I bought some from a deli in Maidenhead once, it was called "Pure Polish Spirit".

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

You drank it?

You should've used it to bring your brass up nice and shiney.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Żubrówka (bison grass vodka) is good with apple juice.
    I believe so.

Note to self & her indoors. "Polish Vodka & Apple Juice!!!".

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Lovely stuff, me and a mate polished off a bottle over Xmas dinner.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Try it with apple juice.

A boozer near where I lived had a load of Polish construction workers living nearby. They made the pub start stocking a particular Polish vodka and apple juice.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Friends arrived today after driving from Poland. Gave me a coupla bottles of local vodka and still on the first.

Outstaniding, any subsequent posys can be ignoreed...

cheers
    It's a strange thing but... I've never had a hangover from polish vodka. Wierd huh?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Try it with apple juice.

A boozer near where I lived had a load of Polish construction workers living nearby. They made the pub start stocking a particular Polish vodka and apple juice.

It is one of those vodkas that is not "triple distilled for purity" - more like "strained through Złota's knickers for strength".

When they cleared off, he was left with half a case of this vodka. Every time a punter walked to the bar he'd say "Have you tried the Polish vodka?" despite you standing there with an empty bitter glass in your hand. Or an empty vodka glass.

It was surprisingly nice. And strong.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X