• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bonuses announced today!"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You'd probably get something too if you worked where I do.
    AFAIK catering staff like spud peelers get a bottle of wine or summat.
    When a janitor like you gets £50K???
    They would need to invoke quantitive easing to provide me with a bonus under those parameters.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Calm down Mr Pedantic!
    [deepbreath]
    Thats Mr Pedant to you!!!!
    [/deepbreath]

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I assume when you infer that you are "key", you mean in much the same way as a Court Jester might have been considered "key" by some, in days of yore?
    There are huge parallels, everyone tended to laugh at them too!

You'd probably get something too if you worked where I do.
    AFAIK catering staff like spud peelers get a bottle of wine or summat.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    The financial differential between contract and a staff job may not be in favour of contracting if you can score 30-50% bonus.
    There's no doubt that contracting doesn't come out good in that case.
    But techies don't get 30-50%.
    Head of teams, VPs etc are on that percentage i.e. people considered closer to the business or people considered key.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
    yeah... bit confused...why are you going on about a 50k bonus in banking? Those above me in the media co I worked in used to get bonuses along those lines (the company is now going down the pan mind you).

They were programme mgrs/business people...

Though I'd love a 50k bonus I wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops if I worked in banking. All relative innit.
    I don't think a £50K bonus is all that either.
    Especially after tax.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    [rant]

IMPLY FFS IM****INGPLY!!!

You might infer something from what he says but he is implying....

JeeeZuz H 'kin Keeeriiiist!
    [/rant]
    Calm down Mr Pedantic!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I assume when you infer that you are "key", you mean in much the same way as a Court Jester might have been considered "key" by some, in days of yore?
    [rant]

IMPLY FFS IM****INGPLY!!!

You might infer something from what he says but he is implying....

JeeeZuz H 'kin Keeeriiiist!
    [/rant]

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I assume when you infer that you are "key", you mean in much the same way as a keeper of the kings privy might have been considered "key" by some, in days of yore?
    FTFY!

Leave a comment:

• LegendsWear7
    replied
    To stay focussed on the money ........

what actual bonuses are you aware that have been paid and where: in IT departments. I've contracted for different reasons but number one attraction: $$$. The financial differential between contract and a staff job may not be in favour of contracting if you can score 30-50% bonus.

In my current place the staff get bonuses up to about 3000 euros/year.

I last contracted in London in 99 at Credit Lyonnais. I was out of the loop on bonuses. Contracting was where it was at (I thought at the time).

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    bleat....whine.....gibber....etc.

Leave a comment:

• northernrampage
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    In all seriousness Sas, isn't a £50k bonus what the cleaner gets? Anyone of any real importance gets at least half a mil.
    yeah... bit confused...why are you going on about a 50k bonus in banking? Those above me in the media co I worked in used to get bonuses along those lines (the company is now going down the pan mind you).

They were programme mgrs/business people...

Though I'd love a 50k bonus I wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops if I worked in banking. All relative innit.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How much tax are you paying from your bonus sas?

The correct amount.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!
    No....stop it!!

The internet must be a real boon for mediocrities like you.
    After years of being a nonentity, at school then the army, finally you can express yourself, even if only like a crazed baboon.

Leave a comment:

• LegendsWear7
    replied
    LegendsWear7,
    is that moniker a Henke/Jinky thing?
    Further south. Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    I've been working in a European bank for many years with 40 hours a week stipulated. Not obliged to actually work all of them. That would only disturb the permies.

So could be a culture shock in the City if over 30 hours of actual work time are expected.
    LegendsWear7,
    is that moniker a Henke/Jinky thing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X