• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offered a role half way through the interview..."

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    Sorted - I start 1st Feb.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Well...

My details have been passed to another part of 'unsaid' organisation - having a phone interview this afternoon - not conditional on them winning the bid.

Also, previous client interested in having me backfill for a manager who has been promoted.

T
    That sounds positive ...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Well...

My details have been passed to another part of 'unsaid' organisation - having a phone interview this afternoon - not conditional on them winning the bid.

Also, previous client interested in having me backfill for a manager who has been promoted.

T
    Well? News?

Updates man, updates.

Fingers crossed Mr T. Once you are off the bench and sorted we can get back to normal me and thee.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Well...

T

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    How can you be offered a job half way through an interview? Surely the interview is over at the point they offer you a job? Or did they keep interviewing you after making an offer?
    Good point........

[whispered aside]
    winker
    [/whispered aside]

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Oddly enough; I've a t-shirt from a start-up that never managed to get far enough to have seats to get bums on before going petalsup.com.
    Been there, done that. Did 6 weeks at home for a startup because the office wasn't ready yet. Should have guessed it was all about to fall apart. (And I didn't get paid for 4 of those weeks).

How can you be offered a job half way through an interview? Surely the interview is over at the point they offer you a job? Or did they keep interviewing you after making an offer?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    You haven't got the gig until your bum is on the seat.

Been there, done that, still waiting for approval for the t-shirt.
    Oddly enough; I've a t-shirt from a start-up that never managed to get far enough to have seats to get bums on before going t1tsup.com.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    I didn't know it wasn't signed off until I got there...

T

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    These days, it's more like: got through the first week, timesheet signed, invoice agent, and been advise that the payment has been made. Only then can you begin to hope you've got a contract.
    Or with the agency voted top 3 months later still waiting for payment to be made.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    These days, it's more like: got through the first week, timesheet signed, invoice agent, and been advise that the payment has been made. Only then can you begin to hope you've got a contract.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Bum has to be on the seat, even had a signed off contract go bad at the last minute. Not worth the hassle of chasing up.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

However, they haven't won the bid yet - so no work yet!!!!!

They wanted to get the resources in place ready to go.

Isn't life interesting?

T
    <IngrainedContractorProgramming>
    Genuinely good luck with this one. I hope it works
    </IngrainedContractorProgramming>

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I keep getting pimps ringing me about work in the pipeline.....

If it's not signed off I aint interested.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

T

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X