• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Work

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Work"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    So much to do...

... such little motivation
    NF provided help for that this morning. Link.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I was out of bed at 8:15 on the dot, ran a bath, had a quick coffee in the bath, out of the front door at 8:55 and on the tube at 9:05, and at my desk by 9:30am.
    I was out of bed by 9:27 on the dot, downstairs, had a quick coffee, and at my desk by 9:30am.

Mind you, no shower

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I think your calender needs updating!
    what's wrong with 1020? If the yanks can put the month before the day, why can't I put the decade before the century?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Think of the money! That's what got me out of bed at 4:30 this morning!
    4:30am

I was out of bed at 8:15 on the dot, ran a bath, had a quick coffee in the bath, out of the front door at 8:55 and on the tube at 9:05, and at my desk by 9:30am.

(I hope to God my next contract isn't in Brentwood again though - a 2.5 hour drive each way on a *good* day! )

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    That's OK. Today is (probably) the most depressing day of 1020.
    Oh good. Aside from a few minutes of misery at the thought of tomorrow and Wednesday’s meetings I’ve been in quite a good mood all day. Statistically speaking I am therefore likely to be thoroughly happy for the rest of this year!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I think your calender needs updating!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    You're in the wrong role. Jack it in and let someone else have a go. There are plenty on the bench waiting!
    If someone wants it and wants to give me 80% of my daily rate, they can have it ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    a full 30 minutes earlier than me
    I bet you had more sleep. CM has a terrible cough that kept me awake most of the night.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    It doesn't work anymore. I just cling on until 12, go to lunch, have 4 beers, come round about 4pm , then cling on to 5. I really struggle with the boredom of contracting.
    You're in the wrong role. Jack it in and let someone else have a go. There are plenty on the bench waiting!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    a full 30 minutes earlier than me

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    It doesn't work anymore. I just cling on until 12, go to lunch, have 4 beers, come round about 4pm , then cling on to 5. I really struggle with the boredom of contracting.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    It would take a huge amount of money to get me up that early. In fact, so much that I wouldn’t have to get up that early ever again.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    So much to do...

Maybe next time I'll come up with a slightly simpler system architecture

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Work

Work

So much to do...

Maybe next time I'll come up with a slightly simpler system architecture

Working...
X