• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iphone, blackberry or something else?"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Do you wanna HTC Hero Android?

HTC Hero Android, anyone?

The Institution of Analysts & Programmers have a Wiley competition on their home page to win one.

Although it says it is for members, anyone can enter.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I must admit Edinburgh is the only place in Scotland where I've tried it and since I've only been there once in 39 years I won't be basing my phone contract on that!
    Fair enough :O)

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not in Scotland, get in the valleys and O2 signals just disappear.. I've found O2 reception to be adequate in most towns but signal strength was not comparable to vodafone, not by a long way.
    Ah, I'm in the South West and whenever I go mountain biking or walking with mates I often find my phone has full reception when others have none which also helps with battery life as it's not constantly seeking.

I must admit Edinburgh is the only place in Scotland where I've tried it and since I've only been there once in 39 years I won't be basing my phone contract on that!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    EDIT: BTW O2 beats Vodaphone on coverage,
    Not in Scotland, get in the valleys and O2 signals just disappear.. I've found O2 reception to be adequate in most towns but signal strength was not comparable to vodafone, not by a long way.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Google sells advertising, apple make products, Google should continue doing what it does best.

It's almost liking saying I'll buy GT car designed by X company who was yesterday selling financial advice and completely turning your nose up at the 911, which has been over 40 years in the making.

Similar story to be said about mobile phone networks, if you need a good signal, vodafone is the only option since they've been around before I was born. Try taking your O2 phone out to the sticks...
    But the Nexus One is manufactured by HTC isn't it? A manufacturer that has always been at the cutting edge of mobile phone technology rather than a newcomer like Apple.

I want good signal, good camera and good internet in that order. The iphone only delivers on the last one from what I've read.

EDIT: BTW O2 beats Vodaphone on coverage, probably because they setup the police network which it piggybacks so I don't know why you think Vodaphone is better?? I've tried 3 different networks and O2 is by far the best IMHO.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 16 January 2010, 10:25.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    I opted for this after trying the iPhone and looking at a Blackberry.

No regrets so far ....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    A couple of years ago you could have said the same thing about buying a phone from Apple instead of Nokia.
    True, but then it's so much more than a phone. Did Nokia do enough to keep competitive? I'm sure Nokia are not the only ones.. Sure they developed GSM they were the pioneers in the technology - just like henry and his car - then someone came along and finished the job.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Google sells advertising, apple make products, Google should continue doing what it does best.

It's almost liking saying I'll buy GT car designed by X company who was yesterday selling financial advice and completely turning your nose up at the 911, which has been over 40 years in the making.
    A couple of years ago you could have said the same thing about buying a phone from Apple instead of Nokia.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Why not wait for an iPhone tablet?

I like my iPhone, it even survived being dropped down the lav. Unfortunately that's given me a case of ocd.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

This is the one thing that would stop me from getting an android.

Similar story to be said about mobile phone networks, if you need a good signal, vodafone is the only option since they've been around before I was born. Try taking your O2 phone out to the sticks...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Those problems are about to begin, most of the issues I listed in my earlier post are from iphone users on the o2 network. o2 are knowingly selling these things and couldn't really give a tulip that their "network" cannot handle it. Cancel your order and go to Voda, I had an iphone to run a specific app, I had it for a week and no bugger coudlget through to me, all my calls went to voicemail and my internet connection was pap. only online for about 2 mins for every 10. Good luck
    Same problem here, but with Orange. My Orange iPhone's reception was markedly worse than my trusty old Nokia. I sent the iPhone back.

I plan on switching to O2 and getting iPhone again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    For those of you with something other than an iPhone - can you plug it into itunes easily?

Despite what you might think about itunes on windows, it's actually very good on the mac...

This is the one thing that would stop me from getting an android.

Leave a comment:

• archangel_david
    replied
    Iphone for Me

I have one and it's a very nice "boys toy"

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    For all those of you that have an iPhone now,, search for the SJD app - it's free and is quite handy to calculate a breakdown of your income for a hour or daily rate...

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    I think too many people have iphones, I'm tempted to go with N900 it is £5 less a month too- £40/month and 5 mega pixel camera.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X