• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yay my ice footwear has arrived!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mrs D. has some but they're actually pretty crap, Germans don't use them as they can be more dangerous. When I was working in Finland they said to walk on ice just point your toes inwards although it does look a bit weird walking.

Austrian link

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Cheers luvvie - although I think it was a different website that the other fella linked!
    It was a Tchibo site, but pretty certain they were (unsurprisingly) out of stock, I posted it as an example not a recommended supplier.

I've got a feeling the ex wife got hers in the USA at a Wallmart or some such.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm sorry, I don't speak Chav...
    May I suggest the fair Lady Cailin should learn a little Chavese? It can be most useful and amusing to present the juxtaposition of a sartorially impeccable Lady or Gent with the threatening linguistic persuasion of the Chav. Imagine, if you will, a smart chap with a fine, tailored suit and a top hat, responding to the teenage oik’s vacuous threats with ‘shut up and f**k off or I’ll fetch my homeys and kick your f**kin ‘ed in’.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    There's a solution for that ...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You won’t understand the answer though. “Well ya know wot I got well grippy stuff on my nikeys yeah innit an’ I’ll kick your ‘ed in”.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    And there's always some lanky 19 year old walking past you really fast, and you just want to shout - "Why aren't you sliding everywhere!"
    You won’t understand the answer though. “Well ya know wot I got well grippy stuff on my nikeys yeah innit an’ I’ll kick your ‘ed in”.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    And there's always some lanky 19 year old walking past you really fast, and you just want to shout - "Why aren't you sliding everywhere!"
    I know... smug feckers...

Bloody Churchill ran the other day...on the ice.. I kept willing him to fall on his ass... no such luck.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Glad you said that Pogle, I'm going to give them a blast... I'm fed up shuffling up and down the road like an old woman with 2 dodgy hips and 2 wonky knees!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I got mine from ebay - they look like the dual action snow grabbers on the Black toe link - and were about £11 + p&p.

Have just walked to and from school to get Pogle Jr and they were BRILLIANT. I strode forth purposefully. The studs on the bottom made me slide across our tilled hallway though! So I'll be putting them on in the porch in future
    But It was really nice to be able to walk quickly again.
    Glad you said that Pogle, I'm going to give them a blast... I'm fed up shuffling up and down the road like an old woman with 2 dodgy hips and 2 wonky knees!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I got mine from ebay - they look like the dual action snow grabbers on the Black toe link - and were about £11 + p&p.

Have just walked to and from school to get Pogle Jr and they were BRILLIANT. I strode forth purposefully. The studs on the bottom made me slide across our tilled hallway though! So I'll be putting them on in the porch in future
    But It was really nice to be able to walk quickly again.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    See link above - although they're out of stock on that website
    Cheers luvvie - although I think it was a different website that the other fella linked!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh yeah - you told me about them things last week - I meant to order some!!

Please can you send me the link again?
    See link above - although they're out of stock on that website

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Those things make great sense especially for women since female footwear typically lacks any kind of grip.

My ex wife has some that're small and neat enough to fit in her handbag, but make a big difference, rather a neat design for a very practical product.

There's loads of snow and ice still on the ground here still so I'll stick with my walking/climbing boots.
    Oh yeah - you told me about them things last week - I meant to order some!!

Please can you send me the link again?

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Shame, from the description I was hoping for something a bit more S&M.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No these

http://www.blacktoe.co.uk/ice%20Grips/ice%20grips.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X