• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mortgages - Yawn.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mortgages - Yawn."

Collapse

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I think contractormoney are offering reasonably high LTV's on a woolwich offset. Their interest rate is slightly high for me mind...
    Sorry to disappoint you but the maximum LTV on a Woolwich Offset mortgage is 70%. We have been lobying them for some time to increase their LTVs on offset mortgages but to no avail.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Frankly I recommend going perm for one month, applying for a mortgage and then quitting.

Worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Another vote for ContractorMoney.
    First Direct and Woolwich bothtold me to get stuffed, but Contractor Money could arrange a mortage with either of them (based on multiples of rate on current contract) for me, but yes the rate was very slightly higher than the deal if you went direct, but they wouldn't touch me direct, so it was worth the hit.
    Sadly, First Direct stop dealing with Mortgage intermediaries/brokers in 2008.

Contractors have to go direct now if they want a mortgage with them. They typically ask for 2-3 years accounts.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    That thread refers to using ContractorMoney who I have used in the past. Have you tried them?
    Another vote for ContractorMoney.
    First Direct and Woolwich bothtold me to get stuffed, but Contractor Money could arrange a mortage with either of them (based on multiples of rate on current contract) for me, but yes the rate was very slightly higher than the deal if you went direct, but they wouldn't touch me direct, so it was worth the hit.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I think contractormoney are offering reasonably high LTV's on a woolwich offset. Their interest rate is slightly high for me mind...
    That's the trouble - you need 15% deposit before the rates get sensible. At 5-10% rates are up around the 5-6% mark.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Did you use a broker or go direct?

LTV %age if you don't mind me asking?
    No problem. Went direct, although I ended up speaking to three different advisors (by accident over the course of a few days) one of which seemed more clued up than the others. The LTV is quite low - £140K on house of £410K. That said I've only been contracting 15 months. The first 9 months using an umbrella (Parasol) and the remaining via my own limited. I think the low LTV pushed it in my favour. I mean even with a further downturn - of which I think there's a good chance - they'd get their cash back if I default.

If I get the house I'm going fixed for three years with an eye on rates being ramped up due to increasing inflation.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Not that most of you will be the slightest bit interested, but just in case I thought I'd add that the nice people from the Woolwich have offered me a mortgage. It's very good of them to let me get in debt. In fact they seemed to be the only ones that would without three years worth of accounts. All they have asked for is the current contract, bank statements for the last three months and my cv (which seemed a bit odd, but perhaps they need a front end developer).
    Did you use a broker or go direct?

LTV %age if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Just a though with the Woolwich. Recently they had some very good offset and tracker deals but based on a minimum loan of 200k. Don't know if they'll still allow it but it used to be possible to borrow 200k at the reduced differential then pay off 60k or whatever to get the borrowing you really required and maintain the lower differential.....

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Not that most of you will be the slightest bit interested, but just in case I thought I'd add that the nice people from the Woolwich have offered me a mortgage. It's very good of them to let me get in debt. In fact they seemed to be the only ones that would without three years worth of accounts. All they have asked for is the current contract, bank statements for the last three months and my cv (which seemed a bit odd, but perhaps they need a front end developer).

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Originally Posted by The_Equalizer

Condolences btw - RIP
    Sad I know. Was watching the series one box set over the last few days (Christmas present) and think it should be compulsive viewing for all primary school kids. Rather polite old boy does over New York criminals - there's got to be a moral story there. Not sure about the multiple shootings, but I guess we can overlook that. Oh and Adam Ant was killed with a sprung loaded knife which was rather comical.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally Posted by The_Equalizer

Condolences btw - RIP

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    On today's list of things to do. Looks like it's the only way to go, although people spoke of going direct to the Woolwich. Wondering if anyone has managed to get a mortgage direct.
    I did - Woolwich. Easy.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I used First Direct and they were happy with 2 years net profit figures. In your case, you'd be looking at proving salary with the brolly, which I assume would be healthy?

Contractormoney were more expensive both times I went looking for a mortgage...

HTH
    The brolly salary was healthy enough and limited salary/divs are good too, although yet to take any divs. The stumbling block is that fact I've only be a ltd for a few months.

Ironically I've got a friend who would be very keen to rent a room which would cover about 80% of the mortgage cost/month plus a few months war chest, oh plus plan B which would keep me more or less ticking along in beer and baked beans. Unfortunately none of that helps.

Wouldn't even consider buying a house right now, but this one is special (to me).

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I used First Direct and they were happy with 2 years net profit figures. In your case, you'd be looking at proving salary with the brolly, which I assume would be healthy?

Contractormoney were more expensive both times I went looking for a mortgage...

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X