• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The lesser spotted bin man"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The bins outside the local school are buried under black bags. Many have been ripped open (birds and/or vermin) and many contain Xmas wrapping paper.

Bin men used to be the roughty-toughty, hurly-burly geezers wot grafted for the Council.

What happened to them?
    The "poor wee lambs"* get the full health and safety protection these days

* copyright Tony English

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    No bin collection here since the week before Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    The bins outside the local school are buried under black bags. Many have been ripped open (birds and/or vermin) and many contain Xmas wrapping paper.

Bin men used to be the roughty-toughty, hurly-burly geezers wot grafted for the Council.

What happened to them?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Just don't wear a liverpool football t-shirt when you do see them

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rs_jibe_at_mum

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    ...Traffic wardens issued with 4x4s so that they can issued parking tickets.
    Seriously?

I've been trying to arrange for BT OpenReach to come down and fix our neighbour's phone line (branch too it out between pole and house). Since we live down a track the only vehicles that can get down it are 4x4s. When I told them this they (OpenReach) said they had no 4x4s...

So it's ok for traffic warden scum but not phoneline service engineers... bizarre

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Today yes. Yesterday I saw 3 busses stuck in 1 road
    Council can't help that.
    I think they've been brilliant

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Here in Wandsworth, South London - everything running as normal.
    Today yes. Yesterday I saw 3 busses stuck in 1 road

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Here in Wandsworth, South London - everything running as normal.
    Roads gritted, schools open from what I can see, bin men regular as clockwork.
    And we have the lowest council tax in the country

And the trains/tubes have been fine too.

You lazy fookin northeners.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    No bins emptied for two weeks,
    Schools closed,
    Too icy for council workers to go out
    No council worker sto driver the grit lorries
    Traffic wardens issued with 4x4s so that they can issued parking tickets.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've just seen one! Several in fact!

All those times in the last couple of weeks where it wasn't "safe" for them to come and collect the rubbish because of the snow and ice in my road, yet today it seems they've suddenly realised that a big refuse lorry isn't that affected by a small amount of snow.

Next we'll be hearing about teachers being able to make it to work.
    Ah..... the annual winter migration from health and safety land back to the real world is occuring

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    No problems here, they come about 4 times a bloody week and at about 7am which means they wake me up with all their racket. At least I don't have to take the bins out, the hausmeister does that for us

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Come to think about it, the council are probably only collecting the rubbish because they've run out of salt and have nothing else to do.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Still waiting for ours - haven't had the recycling collected for six weeks. On the plus side, today is the first day both the kids' schools have been open!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Mrs MM's school is the only one in Hounslow that hasn't had any snow days. She's quite pissed off...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    started a topic The lesser spotted bin man

The lesser spotted bin man

I've just seen one! Several in fact!

All those times in the last couple of weeks where it wasn't "safe" for them to come and collect the rubbish because of the snow and ice in my road, yet today it seems they've suddenly realised that a big refuse lorry isn't that affected by a small amount of snow.

Working...
X