• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bricking it before interviews"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    How I managed to fake interest to get the last gig I'll never know.
    It gets easier with practice. I'm worried how I'll perform under recession stress were I might actually give a tulip.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I should also point out that I have found the first technical thing in ages that has given me a half chubber. I was working on my plan B (written / plugged together in Drupal) and I found a module called Contemplate (Content template). It is a magnificent piece of work. Quality.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I fell out of love with IT around 2008. Lost interest mainly. I seem very laid back at interviews. This is misconstrued as confidence, which works for me.

Leave a comment:

• wantacontract
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Whats the deal,

I alwsys used to be quite nonchalant about interviews, and taking them in my stride.

Recently I have started to brick it before interviews...

Is this a sign of age?

I thought it would be opposite
    running out of money?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    imagine them naked during the interview
    This also works in reverse. If you ever feel intimidated or overexcited in the company of one or more naked people, imagine them asking you where you see yourself in 5 years time and then explaining the company's final salary pension scheme.

Leave a comment:

• veekay
    replied
    My only worry is that the potential client will realise how completely disinterested and unmotivated I am.

I have been to interviews for a Senior Developer and been asked how to escape single quotes in a SQL query. I nearly fall asleep during such interviews.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    My only worry is that the potential client will realise how completely disinterested and unmotivated I am.

Sounds like a change of careeris required. You sound very bored. Don't waste your life matie. I am not saying "Do something you love", yeah right, five people in the country have that privilege. I am saying "don't do something you absolutely hate"

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I LOVE interviews, I like to expound, and I'm a bit forthright, end up with no gig.....

But sometimes someone will understand me, Wo ist Herr Hitler Jetzt?

One Woman, One Shag, One food option at teatime....

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Nothing to worry about - it's only your livelihood and the lives of your children on the line...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    It's just an anxiety attack...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Oh Lord if I do that I'll never stop laughing!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I tried that once. Got a h@rd-on and lost the job

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    you forgot to take your medication/ drugs / alcohol / good luck charm before the interview.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X