• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where is Cybertory?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Good scare factor, but complete and utter tosh. The whole reform was centered around taking legislative powers away from the judiciary in so much as their ability to vote in the House of Lords afforded them potential power to vote on legislation they would then have to adjudicate on which could then lead onto possible claims against the UK in Europe for an unfair trial, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.
    Then again, they could just refuse permission to appeal any decisions they make to the European Courts, thus circumventing any such issues. It worked against the OFT after all.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Justice used to be independent of government, but the new Supreme Court is a government department.
    Good scare factor, but complete and utter tosh. The whole reform was centered around taking legislative powers away from the judiciary in so much as their ability to vote in the House of Lords afforded them potential power to vote on legislation they would then have to adjudicate on which could then lead onto possible claims against the UK in Europe for an unfair trial, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    They are our elected government, They always have their best interests at heart.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Too true. As evidenced by their treatment of the Bank Charges Fiasco and the Office of Fair Trading.
    Grrrrrrrr!!
    They are our elected government, They always have our best interests at heart.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Justice used to be independent of government, but the new Supreme Court is a government department.
    Too true. As evidenced by their treatment of the Bank Charges Fiasco and the Office of Fair Trading.
    Grrrrrrrr!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I have a bit of sympathy with Northern Rock shareholders.

That's like Alex Ferguson refereeing Man Utd matches.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    my dad said to me that if someone told you the funniest joke ever, you would laugh out loud. But if you ever saw an old lady fall down an open manhole, you would split your sides and cry laughing

Oi, who rang the bloody doorbell!!!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    True, it just seems to be human nature to take joy in other peoples misfortune. At lest judging by the avearge CUK thread.
    my dad said to me that if someone told you the funniest joke ever, you would laugh out loud. But if you ever saw an old lady fall down an open manhole, you would split your sides and cry laughing

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    You won't mind me posting something similar when your BN66 judicial review gets thrown out then?

ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should be some miracle we lose you will have to join the queue to hurl insults.

Hopefully the queue wont be that long as at least none of us have gone round hurling racist insults.
    True, it just seems to be human nature to take joy in other peoples misfortune. At lest judging by the avearge CUK thread. Good luck with the JR, I don't think you'll win it though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You won't mind me posting something similar when your BN66 judicial review gets thrown out then?

Should be some miracle we lose you will have to join the queue to hurl insults.

Hopefully the queue wont be that long as at least none of us have gone round hurling racist insults.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Where is Cybertory?

Where is Cybertory?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...eme-Court.html

Northern Rock shareholders have compensation appeal rejected by Supreme Court
    Northern Rock's former shareholders have been dealt another blow in their bid for compensation by the Supreme Court, which has rejected their application to press ahead with a case against the Government.

Working...
X