• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    "easy to park" It's a pity that they didn't think about how to open the gull wing doors after parking it.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Women design concept car for Volvo

The result: A car that's designed to be nearly maintenance free, requiring an oil change every 31,000 miles. When it's time for an engine inspection, the car sends a wireless message to a local service center, which notifies the driver. The vehicle has no hood, only a large front end primarily suited for opening by a mechanic. It also features a race-car-like fueling system with a roller-ball valve opening for the nozzle but no gas cap.

Butovitsch said the project team included five women managers and an additional 20 or so who made all calls regarding interior and exterior design. The leaders at times tapped the knowledge and insight of 400 other women who work for the automaker.
    In tomorrow's news, we discover that the project had to be scrapped because the phone bills were getting prohibitively expensive.

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I think that’s a very sexist comment unlike us males who are trying to make constructive suggestions for women.
    Yes - your comments have been very constructive indeed...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I think that’s a very sexist comment unlike us males who are trying to make constructive suggestions for women.
    wimmin.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by lje View Post
    Speeking as a woman I don't think the worst thing about driving in China is the parking... I was once in a car in China which undertook other cars on the hard shoulder and whilst it was doing that another car undertook that car on the embankment.

I was also once in a taxi in China which drove straight into a tree.

Needless to say they were all male drivers.

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Speeking as a woman I don't think the worst thing about driving in China is the parking... I was once in a car in China which undertook other cars on the hard shoulder and whilst it was doing that another car undertook that car on the embankment.

I was also once in a taxi in China which drove straight into a tree.

Needless to say they were all male drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    The only wheel they should be let behind is the one for slicing Pizza's

Ducks and runs for cov.................aaargh!

Sorry, didn't see you there luv

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I think you guys are being unfair to women drivers. How can you expect women to drive cars designed by men?

There need to be a woman friendly car with such features as:

Reversible seats and dual rear driving controls so that if she need to go backwards all she does is turn the seats around and use the rear driving controls.

Padded wings on the car to avoid those minor scrapes.

A hand brake that automatically comes on when the can stops.

Anti roll back mechanism for hill starts.

Castor wheels for parking.

Fully automatic climate control that demists the windows so she does not have to frig about with trial and error just to clear the windscreen.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    All car parks in this country needs this facility......
    Only if you let them out of the kitchen...................(Grabs tin helmet and dives for cover!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8432887.stm

"The parking bays are one metre (3ft) wider than normal spaces"

Are they suggesting women can't drive? tsk......
    All car parks in this country needs this facility......

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Damn! That's the last bastion corrupted by the fairer sex

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Women drivers, Russian style

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Now all we need is for the UK to follow suit and build a separate road system too

Wait for it

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'

China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8432887.stm

"The parking bays are one metre (3ft) wider than normal spaces"

Are they suggesting women can't drive? tsk......

Working...
X