• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kids at Christmas (mild rant)"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I think it has more to do with the conditioning of the female population and oppression of women by a male dominated society myself - but hey ho
    oooh that's a bit negative. It could just be because women are nicer!

Being scientific, it's probably an evolved trait.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    it does seem to be a clear line between boys and girls

females just seem to be more generous and considerate of others and willing to give just a little bit of time and effort for no immediate reward.

Women are great!

I think it has more to do with the conditioning of the female population and oppression of women by a male dominated society myself - but hey ho

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    it does seem to be a clear line between boys and girls

females just seem to be more generous and considerate of others and willing to give just a little bit of time and effort for no immediate reward.

Women are great!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Pogle Jr has already got all her pressies for humans, cats and guinea pigs!

- yes she got the guinea pig presents first

But she likes getting things for people, I dont expect it to last, I fully expect her to be sullen and argumentative in a few years time. I'm making the most of her time as a child.
    Yes, but Pogle Jr is a girl (sugar and spice and all things nice).

My daughter is considerate, my son is (sadly) not (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    And she just wanted the family to be happy

She did that all on her own I was dead proud and it bought a lump to my throat

Maybe there is a future after all!

It's moments like that you will treasure forever (at least until the Alzheimers sets in)

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Having said that when my eldest wrote her letter to santa she asked for

Chocolate for me (so I stop eating the kids!)
    A bike for her little sister
    Books for mum

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

How easily fathers are manipulated by their daughters...

She is so going to get you to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for her wedding. And think it was your own idea.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, although it pains me to categorise my kids thus. I'll put it down to their age, and the fact I'm too ready to do their thinking for them. Bad dad
    Pogle Jr has already got all her pressies for humans, cats and guinea pigs!

- yes she got the guinea pig presents first

But she likes getting things for people, I dont expect it to last, I fully expect her to be sullen and argumentative in a few years time. I'm making the most of her time as a child.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    as a dad of two young uns I am wondering how you avoid your kids lapsing into this sort of apathy

is it because we do too much for them (if we don't we are BAD PARENTS - apparently)

do we need to be strict and harsh to get them to understand the need for generosity?

Having said that when my eldest wrote her letter to santa she asked for

Chocolate for me (so I stop eating the kids!)
    A bike for her little sister
    Books for mum

Maybe there is a future after all!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Incredibly thoughtless and selfish

FTFY
    Yes, although it pains me to categorise my kids thus. I'll put it down to their age, and the fact I'm too ready to do their thinking for them. Bad dad

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    mmm completely agree with you Pogle

It fair makes my blood boil

but hey ho no point getting upset they will die lonely old men.

in fact i don;t think either of them have been laid in like 4 years

they must be going blind by now surely!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Lol you think you have problems

I have 2 brothers in their mid to late twenties who don't just need reminding, the need physically taking to the shop to buy the damn things

I think it just comes donw to being incredible tight

Seasons Greetings to one and all!
    Incredibly thoughtless and selfish

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Lol you think you have problems

I have 2 brothers in their mid to late twenties who don't just need reminding, the need physically taking to the shop to buy the damn things

I think it just comes donw to being incredible tight

Seasons Greetings to one and all!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    That is because:

Kids today are ******* idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    started a topic Kids at Christmas (mild rant)

Kids at Christmas (mild rant)

My kids should be old enough not to have to be reminded to buy a pressie for their grand-parents, and even then leaving it so late that I have to do it for them

Teenagers

I even gave them extra Xmas pocket money to cover their Xmas expenses, and oldest son went straight out and bought himself a new Xbox game

Working...
X