• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "An Englishman's home is his castle : Who said British Justice is a shambles ?"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Yes, the judges altered it when they realised the press were onto the usual lawyers scam of fleecing the victims of their hard earned money.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    'Have-a-go hero' businessman Munir Hussain freed by Court of Appeal

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oi, I resemble that remark.
    You should.

The truth is that you (sasguru) is the pinnacle of your evolutionary branch.

Pity it's a dead end

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You mean like sasguru?
    Oi, I resemble that remark.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    You mean like sasguru?
    ROFL, fast reaction to my typo. Good work fella.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post

when you're not evolved,
    You mean like sasguru?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Mob justice is not unique to SA, it appears to be fairly common throughout Africa.

Unless you have actually been in that situation, with your loved ones laid vulnerable in front of you, raped or perhaps worse, how do you know how you would react? It may not be right but from first hand experience I can assure you I would kill or incapacitate the feqqers at the first opportunity.
    I know, same as most people I imagine; someone does something bad to my family and I'd do everything in my power to make sure they suffer, and if it's bad enough I'd kill to protect.

But it's possible to take a dispassionate step back when you're not directly evolved, or even better a jury of uninvolved people and let them decide. That's a good, civilised society imo, and a decent place to live as a rule.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    However you were more likely to be hung for it.
    I very nearly put that in my post but thought that I had better check before I did.

It turns out that the victorians were not as keen to hang people as we (certainly I) had come to believe.

They still did hang people, but only the serious criminals.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    If someone got into my eco shed I'd break all their bones within the confines of my property. I would claim self -defence. The law allows this.
    What I wouldn't do is chase the guy down the street and beat him there.
    Now do you finally geddit, even with your extreme mental slowness?
    I'd chase them down the street. But not in public. Feed them to the pigs though, and have the slurry pits cleansed a few hours later.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What would you say if someone got into your eco shed and burnt it to the ground? Would you give them a nobel peace prize?
    If someone got into my eco shed I'd break all their bones within the confines of my property. I would claim self -defence. The law allows this.
    What I wouldn't do is chase the guy down the street and beat him there.
    Now do you finally geddit, even with your extreme mental slowness?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    We need a referendum on gun ownership and when the results are in those wishing to carry arms can be put in a field far away from civilised people. They can then blow each other away to their hearts content. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    There are plenty of people who agree with you, mainly in places like South Africa and Haiti. I suggest you move there.

HTH
    Mob justice is not unique to SA, it appears to be fairly common throughout Africa.

Unless you have actually been in that situation, with your loved ones laid vulnerable in front of you, raped or perhaps worse, how do you know how you would react? It may not be right but from first hand experience I can assure you I would kill or incapacitate the feqqers at the first opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There are plenty of people who agree with you, mainly in places like South Africa and Haiti. I suggest you move there.
    What would you say if someone got into your eco shed and burnt it to the ground? Would you give them a nobel peace prize?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    There is no debate in my opinion.

If someone (or a group in this case) broke into my home and tied up me, my wife and son then they do not deserve to live. They would be killed at first opportunity.
    You hear all sorts of awful things (crimestoppers a few weeks ago showed a story of a 8 month pregnant woman who was raped repeatedly in front of her husband and son in their own home) she almost lost the baby and they will never get over this awful experience.

In my opinion, once they were tied up ANYTHING could have happened to them

They were totally justified. We need a change in the law.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    happen
    However you were more likely to be hung for it.
    Thats a bit of a myth. What would usually happen is that the church would step in and give you a free pass.
    Of course this could only be done once and you'll end up with a rather nasty brand on the back of your hand so that you couldn't get let off again.

Even back then there was a general understanding that you couldn't go killing people just for stealing a loaf of bread

Leave a comment:

Working...
X