• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Generous neighbours"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
    my neighbours gf once came round and sucked me off on evening, this was pre-mrs bandit legs.
    Was he nice?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    You don't know how close you are to theh truth - the neighbour I moved away from was involved with an armed raid, and was the bungled getaway driver!

We had the flying squad police (or interceptors as they are now called) at each end of the road during this period!
    <<<canned laughter>>>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My neighbours leave their bins in the wrong place. And I am too afraid to ask them to move them.

CyberTory.

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    What is the most generous thing your neighbours have done for you?

With the news that Abu Dhabi has given Dubai $10billion to help get it out of the tulipe, linky, I wondered if anyone else had any generous neighbours.
    my neighbours gf once came round and sucked me off on evening, this was pre-mrs bandit legs.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Better rent in heaven than own a house in hell?

Sold (STC) twice in 2008 and twice the buyer pulled out - twas the plan.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    My neighbours were friendly when I moved in, but now they drive past my house raking it with machine gun fire each time I step out of my front door, and at least once a week I wake up with a horse's head in my bed. I must have said something to offend them.

Wilmslow
    You don't know how close you are to theh truth - the neighbour I moved away from was involved with an armed raid, and was the bungled getaway driver!

We had the flying squad police (or interceptors as they are now called) at each end of the road during this period!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    You live in a nicer part of it than me.
    Better rent in heaven than own a house in hell?

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do we live in the same city?
    You live in a nicer part of it than me.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Ours are a pain in the arse - although they want to be our best freinds.

They want to know all we are doing, are thick as pig tulip, want to be our freinds and try to take too many liberties.

We have always remained curtious to them however, to give some examples of how they are a pain in the arse, they have:

asked to borrow money from me on more than one occasion (I found out later that on one occasion they had borrowed it from the 80 year old couple on the other side of mine),

asked me to pay for their holiday on my credit card since they cannot get one (they have money problems and at the time - I was a permie at the time),

asked if they can come in and watch eastenders on my telly as theirs is broken (I don't even watch that pile of tulipe - I did lend them a portable though),

asked to use our shower as their bathroom was being redecorated (now I don't mind someone who is desperate using the toilet, but the ******* shower - go to the gym/ swimming baths if desperate),

bring our washing in if it is raining (I do not return this favour, and find it rude, I would rather my washing get wet),

quizzed me about planning permission for my double garage when I built it (he is thick as pigtulip and wouldn't know which way to hold a hammer yet because he has watched homes under the hammer he is a building expert - no planning needed by the way)

and loads more.

Or is it me, am I being a miserable bugger?

On the other side though we have an 80 year old couple who are just great, at 80-ish he regularly cuts his hedges back by climbing on the garage roof, although he did fall off earlier this year, and his wife is just lovely. I hope i'm like that when i'm older. Freindly, but not intrusive.
    Do we live in the same city?

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Ours are a pain in the arse - although they want to be our best freinds.

They want to know all we are doing, are thick as pig tulip, want to be our freinds and try to take too many liberties.

We have always remained curtious to them however, to give some examples of how they are a pain in the arse, they have:

asked to borrow money from me on more than one occasion (I found out later that on one occasion they had borrowed it from the 80 year old couple on the other side of mine),

asked me to pay for their holiday on my credit card since they cannot get one (they have money problems and at the time - I was a permie at the time),

asked if they can come in and watch eastenders on my telly as theirs is broken (I don't even watch that pile of tulipe - I did lend them a portable though),

asked to use our shower as their bathroom was being redecorated (now I don't mind someone who is desperate using the toilet, but the ******* shower - go to the gym/ swimming baths if desperate),

bring our washing in if it is raining (I do not return this favour, and find it rude, I would rather my washing get wet),

quizzed me about planning permission for my double garage when I built it (he is thick as pigtulip and wouldn't know which way to hold a hammer yet because he has watched homes under the hammer he is a building expert - no planning needed by the way)

and loads more.

Or is it me, am I being a miserable bugger?

On the other side though we have an 80 year old couple who are just great, at 80-ish he regularly cuts his hedges back by climbing on the garage roof, although he did fall off earlier this year, and his wife is just lovely. I hope i'm like that when i'm older. Freindly, but not intrusive.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    My neighbours were friendly when I moved in, but now they drive past my house raking it with machine gun fire each time I step out of my front door, and at least once a week I wake up with a horse's head in my bed. I must have said something to offend them.

Wilmslow

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Wilmslow

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    my neighbour let me in at 2am then let me climb out of their spare bedroom window to cling on to the brick wall spiderman like so i could get into my flat after i lost my keys when drunk
    Pity you didn't fall on your head, you could probably have sued them

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    my neighbour let me in at 2am then let me climb out of their spare bedroom window to cling on to the brick wall spiderman like so i could get into my flat after i lost my keys when drunk

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Our neighbours brought us a tray of tea and biscuits when we were moving in, and a bottle of wine and welcome card the following day.

I have really nice neighbours
    Maybe the people who moved out from the place you moved in were such terrible neighbours that you've benefited from it ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X