• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rage Against The Machine for Xmas No. 1"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    . . .and they are??

C'mon Alexei, you must be chuffed to see real democracy in action?
    Yes I am well chuffed, I ******* hate X FActor

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The person who was #2 after failing be #1.

HTH
    . . .and they are??

C'mon Alexei, you must be chuffed to see real democracy in action?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    who remembers the New Years No. 1s??
    The person who was #2 after failing be #1.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    its as RATM say we do not want another ballad of such sickening tweeness that it makes you want to vomit

but to be honest I am sure the x factor song will not be that bad - just not good chewing um for the brain if you will - tasty to begin with but give it a few minutes and it just becomes bland an unpalletable.

sadly I fear your wee geordie will be perched on top spot come Sunday.

still its why the radio has an off button I spose.
    True, but who remembers the New Years No. 1s??

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Wooo Hoooo!!!

Now THAT'S democracy in action (let's do the same next June)!!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Yay! Well worth the cost of a few downloads.

Sadly it won't be the end of Simon Cowell's C2/D targeted karaoke contests.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Now confirmed by the beeb: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8423340.stm

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Neowin are reporting that Rage Against The Machine named Christmas #1 in the UK ( subject to confirmation).

Sales figures are quoted as:

1. KILLING IN THE NAME RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 502672
    2. THE CLIMB JOE MCELDERRY 450838
    3. BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA 61677
    4. THE OFFICIAL BBC CHILDREN IN NEED MEDLEY PETER KAY'S ANIMATED ALL STAR 52605
    5. STARSTRUKK 3OH3 FT KATY PERRY 40742
    6. YOU KNOW ME ROBBIE WILLIAMS 38435
    7. 3 WORDS CHERYL COLE 36232
    8. RUSSIAN ROULETTE RIHANNA 34094
    9. DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' JOURNEY 33337
    10. MEET ME HALFWAY BLACK EYED PEAS 32517
    Last edited by voodooflux; 20 December 2009, 18:32.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    its as RATM say we do not want another ballad of such sickening tweeness that it makes you want to vomit

but to be honest I am sure the x factor song will not be that bad - just not good chewing um for the brain if you will - tasty to begin with but give it a few minutes and it just becomes bland an unpalletable.

sadly I fear your wee geordie will be perched on top spot come Sunday.

still its why the radio has an off button I spose.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    At the risk of being controversial, why shouldn't this young geordie geezer have the Xmas No. 1? He is a good singer and the song, although a bit twee, is certainly no worse than some of the tripe we have had to endure over the years. On the plus side I am fairly certain this song of his does not contain a single reference to "Christmas", so at least we will not have it foisted on us annually on "The Greatest Xmas Hits Ever" CDs!!!
    Too many people with too many petty crusades at the moment I reckon. Leave the guy alone. Anyway, what is so wonderful about RATM anyway?
    If they were going to try and usurp "Joe", they could have opted for something a bit better.................Blink182's "I Won't be home for Christmas" for one!
    I think it's a campaign more against both Simon Cowell and the whole invasive X-Factor phenomenon than against the lad who won. You're right, it's not a great song, but the sentiment fits the campaign.

Personally, I'd have gone for the Dead Kennedys "Too drunk to f**k", but there's no accounting for other peoples' taste.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    At the risk of being controversial, why shouldn't this young geordie geezer have the Xmas No. 1? He is a good singer and the song, although a bit twee, is certainly no worse than some of the tripe we have had to endure over the years. On the plus side I am fairly certain this song of his does not contain a single reference to "Christmas", so at least we will not have it foisted on us annually on "The Greatest Xmas Hits Ever" CDs!!!
    Too many people with too many petty crusades at the moment I reckon. Leave the guy alone. Anyway, what is so wonderful about RATM anyway?
    If they were going to try and usurp "Joe", they could have opted for something a bit better.................Blink182's "I Won't be home for Christmas" for one!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    A rather entertaining Rage/X-Factor mashup video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY
    Sadly; "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by British Phonographic Industry Ltd."

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Rage Against The Machine swear on 5 live

"get rid of it" ...Tee hee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X