• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Property and other assets through the business"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    it is my humble opinion that for those of us who subscribe to the idea that QE will bring inflation now is indeed a good time to get mortgaged up and see that debt inflated down to something very small as has been witnessed in the past

atb

&

ttfn

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    I am in my mid-thirties and have focused on driving down the mortgage for the last 5/6 years. So my warchest is circa £40K (clear)
    You were a sucker mate, no offence.

Instead of spending your hard earned money on paying off mortgage you should have used it to create highly leveraged BTL - low interest rates now, thanks to Nu Liebor, printing of money that helps sustain inflated asset prices makes anyone who tried to paid off mortgage early a fool.

Yours,

Gordon Brown.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    started a topic Property and other assets through the business

Property and other assets through the business

Lots of talk on the board today about warchests.

I would be really appreciative of some advice

I am in my mid-thirties and have focused on driving down the mortgage for the last 5/6 years. So my warchest is circa £40K (clear)

I am now getting to nearly the end of paying off the mortgage, I have got married and we are now going to escape the country. So this property is going to be sold next year and a new (probably more expensive) property will be purchased.

I was thinking about my options.

I see the house that I have paid for very much as my pension pot + deposit for a new house.

So here is the multi-part question to my esteemed colleagues:

1: Should I put all of the money from this house into the new house lowering mortgage payments and hence debt level at the start, allowing a quicker exit from debt, or should I just pay the minimum deposit and invest the rest of the money in another pot (maybe even a holiday property) which is specific for the pension and doesn't represent the house that we live in.

2: Can/Should I be investing in investment opportunities from with the business. If I am comfortable with a liquid warchest of £40K should I then look to begin a portfolio of other investments (shares, property, gold etc) from within the business, with any income over and above the £40K. With the intention being that these will represent income streams other than consultancy in the mid to long term future.

Working...
X